Me410 1/72 Italeri

Hello everyone

I said to myself that I wasn't going to build another Italeri kit for a long time after the last project being more difficult than it needed to be, however here it is the Me410.

Italeri didn't let me down, again it was a pain to build in some areas but I soldiered on and here it is. Comments and suggestions welcome and thanks for looking. 

20200123_160535

20200123_160559

20200123_160628

20200123_160652

20200123_160801

20200123_160908

20200123_161139

20200123_161149

• Like 22

Well done. I have both the Italeri 410 and 210 in my stash, but have been put off as I'm uncertain how to deal with the split canopy. Your's does not appear to have a seam down the center - how did you do that, or is it a third party canopy ... if so, who's?

Thanks

Colin

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ckw said:

Well done. I have both the Italeri 410 and 210 in my stash, but have been put off as I'm uncertain how to deal with the split canopy. Your's does not appear to have a seam down the center - how did you do that, or is it a third party canopy ... if so, who's?

Thanks

Colin

Thanks Colin, the canopy is split 1/3 2/3. Not an easy one to install, I had to redo it 4 times just to get it to line up and it's still not perfect. Its oob.

7 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Awesome! Very nice indeed, love the Me410. I really want one in my collection but I have heard all the kits in 1/72 aren't great, how did you find this one?

Thanks Adam it's an old mold from Italeri so you have to take this into account. The kit was tidy though with no flash. Most of the parts went together very well. The negatives for me are some of the inaccuracies, the main one being the undercarriage. Poor cockpit detail which shows it's age and the canopy wash a horrid affair to install. 

Perhaps for an experienced modeller these wouldn't be a problem but I'm new at this and it gave me some challenges. Maybe the few gripes I had have more to do with me🙄.

It would be good to compare notes with #Cedb version, was that a fine molds kit?