1/72 Hobby 2000 (Fujimi Repop) Skyhawk A/OA-4M

Uncle Dick

On 1/26/2020 at 2:52 AM, Andre B said:

Can we get a Israeli A-4?

The A-4M kit could form the basis of an Israeli A-4N but you'll need a tailpipe extension for it. Plus the OA-4M has the bits to build an A-4M.

• Like 1

My Skyhawk arrived yesterday. With two noses in the kit one wonder if the noseparts kan be fitted to the Airfix kit without to much work? And what type one can build then?

Cheers /André 

1 hour ago, Andre B said:

My Skyhawk arrived yesterday. With two noses in the kit one wonder if the noseparts kan be fitted to the Airfix kit without to much work? And what type one can build then?

None that corresponds to reality - the Airfix represents a J65-powered type, the A-4M / OA-4M used the J52 with different intakes with splitter plates.

Cheers,

Andre

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/11/2020 at 5:12 AM, cvrle said:

I had hoped for an A-4C, since Fujimi is the only one in the scale...

Your hopes have come true! see below, image. 

Based on HOBBY 2000 form with the A/AO-4M, A-4B, A-4C;  the other variants A-4E, A-4F etc... should follow! 

Homebee - also some other future releases by Hobby 2000 (repos) showing on Hannants you might want to post...

spacer.png

Edited by Uncle Dick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2020 at 3:05 AM, Giorgio N said:

No, those were based on the F model, the M had several differences, including a different canopy

Use the Italeri M for the NZ version as isn't a M but an EF with dorsal compartment

49 minutes ago, RAGATIGER said:

Use the Italeri M for the NZ version as isn't a M but an EF with dorsal compartment

NZ single seaters had the E/F canopy - You could use the original italeri/testors E for an early A-4K (preferably though a fujimi) 

Though the italeri topgun f-14/a-4e combo is the esci kit too.

Some minor changes are needed to the stock kit depending on what era you go for -  though theres plenty of articles on the net to walk you through 🙂

Cheers!

12 hours ago, Modelraynz said:

NZ single seaters had the E/F canopy - You could use the original italeri/testors E for an early A-4K (preferably though a fujimi) 

Though the italeri topgun f-14/a-4e combo is the esci kit too.

Some minor changes are needed to the stock kit depending on what era you go for -  though theres plenty of articles on the net to walk you through 🙂

Cheers!

Guess that what @RAGATIGER meant was that the Italeri A-4M incorrectly features the E/F canopy... I have one in the stash, should have a look and check how well or not this represents on M

Interestingly I have an Esci A-4E planned as an NZ Skyhawk. Wonder if I should better wait for Hobby 2000 to reissue this variant too

12 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Guess that what @RAGATIGER meant was that the Italeri A-4M incorrectly features the E/F canopy... I have one in the stash, should have a look and check how well or not this represents on M

Interestingly I have an Esci A-4E planned as an NZ Skyhawk. Wonder if I should better wait for Hobby 2000 to reissue this variant too

Hi Giorgio

Well the Esci Skyhawk is better than the Italeri but you need to replace the ejection seat and to cut the cockit by the half and glue the side consoles to the walls then you'll have space for the ejection seat, other than that it's relatively simple to put flaps and slats down and also good weapons set

Cheers

Armando

PS avoid the Hasegawa's Skyhawks only have some modeling value if decals are fine

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 4:25 AM, RAGATIGER said:

PS avoid the Hasegawa's Skyhawks only have some modeling value if decals are fine

Hase's 1/72nd Skyhawks are not only getting on in years, the single seat fuselage of their A-4E/F is incorrectly just as long as the one of their TA-4J/OA-4M duals.

Cheers,

Andre

On 12/5/2020 at 4:25 AM, RAGATIGER said:

Hi Giorgio

Well the Esci Skyhawk is better than the Italeri but you need to replace the ejection seat and to cut the cockit by the half and glue the side consoles to the walls then you'll have space for the ejection seat, other than that it's relatively simple to put flaps and slats down and also good weapons set

Cheers

Armando

Armando, I quite like the Esci kit, my main gripe is the strange mix of recessed (on the fuselage) and raised (on the wings and tailplanes) panel lines. Now I dont' mind rescribing but having to rescribe the many panels on the wing is a pain, particularly as the protruding vortex generators make it very hard to keep a template in place.

Hi there

Well in the past couple of years I got some Hasegawa/Frog, italeri, Esci and Fujimi kits rather than lacking a good local hobby store (there is one but awfully expensive) I got my kits abroad meaning here down the border and in middle of Banana republics (where models are consider by many as toys and as that luxury items) and also the mail service is from regular to irregular (deteriorating over the years) so late as ever this pandemic has cause some packages took 6 months to arrive, also so many sellers dont want to send kits here to El Salvador in Central America, that made to change not plan anything modeling related unless I have them on stash also teach me to learn to be more patience with myself

I got the models I can and old models sometimes are easier to get than new ones; maybe the best examples are old (20-25 years now) Hasegawa F-4 and F-111, even maybe FMA IA58 Pucara by Special Hobby those models can reach big prices at Evilbay sometimes more than $50 even $100

I usually complain to myself why I didn't got enough Fujimi Skyhawks when I had the chance!!! Anyway I also enjoy kitbashing and looking foward to learn from your modelling Giorgio

Cheers 

Armando

PS At end I only can coment of the models I have at hand

Edited by RAGATIGER
missplelling
  • Like 2

Gents, a question if I may: in order to do a correct post-Kahu A-4K which kit do you recommend? 

I have in my stash several Esci and Fujimi E, F and Super F, not counting the M, KU, TA-4F/J, etc, and I was wondering which of them could depict best the late A-4K version. 

7 minutes ago, CharlieGolf2009 said:

I have in my stash several Esci and Fujimi E, F and Super F, 

The K was based on the F, but with the A-4M/N style squared off vertical tail and brake chute fairing. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hook said:

The K was based on the F, but with the A-4M/N style squared off vertical tail and brake chute fairing. 

Cheers,

Andre

Hi Andre!

I was thinking of using the Super F for that, working on the tail and of course removing the avionics hump. The brake chute is coming for the spares box.

spacer.png

I'm halfway done converting a A-4KU into an A-4N with Quickboost's DEFA cannons and Aires extended exhaust nozzles, however a true late Kahu still seems to me something of a challenge despite the numerous sites dedicated to it all over the internet. 

3 hours ago, CharlieGolf2009 said:

Hi Andre!

I was thinking of using the Super F for that, working on the tail and of course removing the avionics hump. The brake chute is coming for the spares box.

spacer.png

I'm halfway done converting a A-4KU into an A-4N with Quickboost's DEFA cannons and Aires extended exhaust nozzles, however a true late Kahu still seems to me something of a challenge despite the numerous sites dedicated to it all over the internet. 

Hi there

If I remmember right the chute parts are included in the Fujimi M kit

Cheers

ARmando

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CharlieGolf2009 said:

Gents, a question if I may: in order to do a correct post-Kahu A-4K which kit do you recommend? 

I have in my stash several Esci and Fujimi E, F and Super F, not counting the M, KU, TA-4F/J, etc, and I was wondering which of them could depict best the late A-4K version. 

Great choice 👍

For a kahu upgraded A-4k, as mentioned:

- Squared off tail

break chute fairing

followed by:

- 2x AN/ALR 66 RWR on the sides of the tailpipe

- 2x VOR/ILS antennas on each side of the fin

- TACAN antenna and formation light above the exhaust on the tail

- 2xAN/ALE 39 chaff/flare buckets roughly each side of the tail hook fairing

- 2x AN/ALR 66 under the end of the wing leading edges

-lower wing  anti-collision light normally on the left undercarriage fairing moves to the right

- add a marker beacon antenna under the right hand wing tip.

-lower rotating beacon (normally on the lower left undercarrige fairing) fitted to the lower right undercarrige fairing

-AN/ARC-182 V/UHF behind canopy

- strobe added forward of the upper anti-collision light

- radar cooling scoop on left hand side of fuselauge by the wing

- slime lights

- glass cockpit

- HOTAS

Probably forgot something lol! Dont be daunted - in 72nd most can be fashioned from sprue or spares, (or even irnored) the cockpits probably the hardest part, but with the big eff-off ferranti HUD dominating the pit even with the canopy open its hard to see detail!

Edited by Modelraynz
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 8:39 PM, Andre B said:

Cheers /André 

I agree with Andre (aka Hook) but, nonetheless, you could give it a try, by first comparing the two kits' parts and then, decide if it is feasible to make the modifications Andre is suggesting.

I'm in a similar position - I have the Fujimi Blue Angels Skyhawk, which gives both the single and two seat front airframes, and I am thinking of buying Airfix's Skyhawk to build an F.

Otherwise, you could buy the Italeri kit and make the appropriate modifications THOUGH, I think in the past I had read somewhere that in order to get an accurate M from the Italeri kit, you have to replace the kit's wings, with those from the Esci kit.

Interesting stuff!!!!👍

Edited by Shalako
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 7:21 AM, Shalako said:

I agree with Andre (aka Hook) but, nonetheless, you could give it a try, by first comparing the two kits' parts and then, decide if it is feasible to make the modifications Andre is suggesting.

I'm in a similar position - I have the Fujimi Blue Angels Skyhawk, which gives both the single and two seat front airframes, and I am thinking of buying Airfix's Skyhawk to build an F.

Otherwise, you could buy the Italeri kit and make the appropriate modifications THOUGH, I think in the past I had read somewhere that in order to get an accurate M from the Italeri kit, you have to replace the kit's wings, with those from the Esci kit.

Interesting stuff!!!!👍

Would need the enlarged intakes as well.

• 6 months later...