Heller F86 Sabre.RNoAF.

stevej60

Hi,

I had some success with said auction site when the vendor picked a bad time for the auction to end - say 2.30 in the afternoon of a weekday. Had to take a late lunch as I was working then, but got the Airfix Draken I just built for about £4 as I recall - postage extra though. Sometimes you can get lucky and Steve seems to have got it down to a fine art!

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Hello steve, this gb is moving quick and trying to move "lou iv" on too ive missed out on this ,you've made a grand job of the old heller kit,top nmf finish

,by the way it wasnt you that snached the 72nd curtis H.75 a  from my grasp  monday night  on the bay ,was it steve , i thought i'd  secured that one for £9.00 delivered 🙄

Not me on that one Glynn,I like the way most sellers photograph the contents especially the decals which can cancel out a bargain if you have to fork out for

AM sets.

• Like 2

Yet another quick and impressive post Steve. I’d better stop looking at your pots for a while as they’re getting quite addictive - either I want to start the same kit that’s in my stash, or worse still I want to go out and purchase one! 

Cheers and great modelling.. Dave 

• Haha 1

Afternoon folk's,after a modelling free weekend its back to usual this morning,moving on with the sabre with most of the main decals on now without the

drama of the Thunderjet ones.She's on her wheel so the weight has worked trimmed of the canopy for painting next.

20200210_203416

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10

Hi folk's not happy with the finish so re-painted a few panels with thinned enamel and buffed the lot before adding the codes replaced previous photo

and a lot happier.

• Like 2

Morning folks,calling this one done,only thing I'm not happy with is the canopy framing I must find a decent silver enamel for this sort of thing I don't

like either Humbrol or Revells,anyway for an oldie she still looks like a Sabre,thanks for tagging along Thunderjet should'nt be far behind.

20200218_110857

• Like 12

Excellent stuff Steve, she’s turned out wonderfully well and you’d be hard pressed to think it’s such an old kit. May I suggest a solid black undercoat for your canopy frames prior to applying your top colour. I find this works best and eliminates that thin transparent look that sometimes occurs. Another classic kit to be proud of. 
Cheers and well done.. Dave 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Excellent stuff Steve, she’s turned out wonderfully well and you’d be hard pressed to think it’s such an old kit. May I suggest a solid black undercoat for your canopy frames prior to applying your top colour. I find this works best and eliminates that thin transparent look that sometimes occurs. Another classic kit to be proud of. 
Cheers and well done.. Dave 

Many thanks Dave,I did the black undercoat it's the "gloopy" texture of the paint I hate even thinned it has a "plastic" look to it if that makes sense?