1/72 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon by Big Planes Kits (BPK) - released

Homebee

On 9/6/2022 at 4:20 AM, eng said:

Anyone know if BPK have re-done the engines to include the larger bulged fan cowls that cover the bigger generators on the P-8? 

BPK's site isn't showing any sprue shots or detail of whats in the kit yet.

Eng

Looks like they have

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon by Big Planes Kits (BPK) with Air Graphic - BPK boxing released

Trust us to buy this capable aircraft without the ability to sling anything lethal under the wings. I thought this was good to go or has it got to have 'our' missile? Surely it would be cheaper and quicker to use Harpoon rather than going through the expense of clearing something else. 

Keith 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2022 at 04:10, Uncle Dick said:

Cannot see a bomb bay - looks like we will have to wait for aftermarket, otherwise look forward to it!

Bomb bay? Have you seen the bomb bay on the P-8? It's more of an access panel than a real bomb bay. The Nimrod or Shackleton bomb bay it is not. However, whether this kit has the 'bomb bay' represented or not, I will be tempted to buy it, as I have a particular weakness for maritime reconnaissance aircraft. Where I would put it if I built it, is another matter. Now if only someone would do a P4M Mercator (bet you didn't see that one coming!).

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Learstang said:

Bomb bay? Have you seen the bomb bay on the P-8? It's more of an access panel than a real bomb bay. The Nimrod or Shackleton bomb bay it is not. However, whether this kit has the 'bomb bay' represented or not, I will be tempted to buy it, as I have a particular weakness for maritime reconnaissance aircraft. Where I would put it if I built it, is another matter. Now if only someone would do a P4M Mercator (bet you didn't see that one coming!).

Best Regards,

Jason

P-8A doesn't use the terminology 'bomb bay'. It has a Weapons bay with five BRUs with torpedo and Mil-Std-1760 connections for Mk-54 Torpedo, smart weapons and SAR kits.

It also has two forward fuselage pylons and up to four under wing pylons.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2021 at 09:25, Uncle Dick said:

Can someone please tell me about the supposed centreline external stores stations (the only references I have seen is that the P-8 has 6 external stores attachment stations the 2 on each wing rated at (various references state 2,500 each others state 3,000 lb each - which one is correct I do not know???) and from a drawing I have seen (see below image) 2 centreline "in line" hard points of unknown load capacity? but I have never seen the supposed centreline hard points in any photos (not one) on a production P-8 !!!!!

I have seen the long canoe radar type installations on the centreline but never any armament such as bombs, torpedoes, mines or missiles. Lots of images of the bomb bay but never seen any images of the alleged external centreline stores carrying armament.....

Were the centreline stores stations incorporated into production models of the P-8 or not ? As the P-8 has been flying now for close to 8 years in operational service and not one image has emerged of centreline external stores that I have seen anyway?

A bit late to the party, sorry, but the P-8A has got two centre line forward fuselage pylons with BRU-75s installed (same BRU's as weapon bay with 14 inch suspension). Currently nothing stores cleared for these pylons, which is why you wont yet see any aircraft with them installed.

Edited by nzgunnie
Removed duplicate post
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, nzgunnie said:

P-8A doesn't use the terminology 'bomb bay'. It has a Weapons bay with five BRUs with torpedo and Mil-Std-1760 connections for Mk-54 Torpedo, smart weapons and SAR kits.

It also has two forward fuselage pylons and up to four under wing pylons.

Bomb bay, weapons bay. Whatever mate. It still looks like a bloody little access panel to me.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Haha 1

Do you work on one? You seem to take this personally. I'm sure the Poseidon is a fine aeroplane but compared to the Shackleton or Nimrod, it has a small 'weapons bay'. 

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.

No, it's huge all right. Not scabbed-on at all. Why you could fit four Grand Slams in there, like on the old B-36. Just huge... Roy Chadwick would be envious.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Learstang said:

Do you work on one? You seem to take this personally. I'm sure the Poseidon is a fine aeroplane but compared to the Shackleton or Nimrod, it has a small 'weapons bay'. 

You seem to be the one fixated on size. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Learstang said:

yes I work on several, but it's not personal, just pointing out facts.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ho590hm said:

Air-Graphics MRA.1 now showing as sold out

Is was limited run so to be expected I suppose. I pre-ordered mine with the free shipping as soon as I saw it this past July. Still at least a couple of months away from having it in my hands.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my kit direct from BPK this week and its very nice indeed. The quality is superb, lovely panel lines and the decals and instructions are fantastic. 

Its gonna be a big kit when its built thats for sure.

Eng

• Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon by Big Planes Kits (BPK) with Air Graphic - released
On 23/09/2022 at 01:15, Alan P said:

I mean, look at it. You couldn't fit an overnight bag in there, could you 🤔

1625811555291-p-8weaponsbay.jpeg

Anyway...is it represented in the BPK model?

Alan, I have ordered this kit. I will report if this enormous bomb bay is present on the kit. Hopefully, this will alleviate any confusion you may have.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Haha 1