1/72 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon by Big Planes Kits (BPK) - released

Homebee

On 8/8/2021 at 3:14 AM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Yes, you've gotta give RAY credit for paving the way for the rest of us!  If this comes to fruition, it'll prove the "rule" that if you sweat it out on a vac-form, chances are the kit will reappear as an excellent injection-molded kit.

Yes after all that toil to give you lot a walk in the park build!

Funny thing is my decal man has ordered me one of the BPK kits. Not sure what to do with it, perhaps build a USN or RAF version?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

my decal man has ordered me one of the BPK kits

Which one?   The USAF's C-40 is a -700 variant, and the BPK current choices are for the -100, -200, and -800.  No P-8 is available yet.

Of course, you could convert the -200 to a T-43 quite easily.  After we shut down the navigator training program, these aircraft became surplus to the inventory and certain tail numbers took on VIP duties.

41 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Of course, you could convert the -200 to a T-43 quite easily

And then it's only a matter of a couple of fairings and some Indonesian markings, and you have a Surveiller!  I said maritime was getting expensive, didn't I?

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2021 at 1:37 AM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Which one?   The USAF's C-40 is a -700 variant, and the BPK current choices are for the -100, -200, and -800.  No P-8 is available yet.

Of course, you could convert the -200 to a T-43 quite easily.  After we shut down the navigator training program, these aircraft became surplus to the inventory and certain tail numbers took on VIP duties.

The P-8A is on order, he talks to our friend that runs BPK a bit, I already have the 737-800 and T-43A

On 8/11/2021 at 2:19 AM, pigsty said:

And then it's only a matter of a couple of fairings and some Indonesian markings, and you have a Surveiller!  I said maritime was getting expensive, didn't I?

Well as a matter of fact I have a set of 3D printed rear fairings for the Surveiller to fit my T-43 and have seriously considered building it as such

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon by Big Planes Kits (BPK) with Air graphic - in project - release in 2022

Source: https://www.facebook.com/airgraphicmodels/posts/pfbid0viCaucpncBQyhWnFpYs477NmknJrQ9VHpn2tQDWg2MaKidJFoGvNH3xFFmhyQNyhl

Due at Telford and pre orders being taken from next month.

RAF P-8 Poseidon. Big Planes injection molded kit, Air-Graphics Resin RAF Update set and decals covering all the RAF aircraft.

Thanks for all the help from the RAF for this.

Costs will be £160.00 per kit.

(Kit is £100 from Big Planes)

We are also looking at the RAAF update set and decals

294640819-2580709465396240-5192531907590

V.P.

• Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon by Big Planes Kits (BPK) with Air Graphic - in project - release in 2022

Source: https://air-graphics.uk/shop/ols/products/agk-001-boeing-p-8-poseidon-mra1-kit

rs-w-1200-h-1200.webp

- ref. AGK-001 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon MRA1

£160.00

Main kit is by Big Models. Will come with resin RAF Update set including any lumps and bumps particular to the RAF version. 

Decal sheet and masks.

This is limited to 50 kits and will be on a first come basis.

Available for collection at Telford 2022.

V.P.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon by Big Planes Kits (BPK) with Air Graphic - box art - release November 2022
  • 3 weeks later...

Air-Graphics model coming with a RAF resin update set and decals for all 9 RAF aircraft.

they have also announced a separate decal sheet cover

2 RAAF aircraft inc the 100th Anniversary scheme

New RNZAF 

ROKAF

Indian AF

Norwegian AF

USN

German AF

Big Planes also announced Wedgetail next year in 1/72 scale

• Like 2

Dammit, I just sold my last kidney for the Border Lanc, I might have to start harvesting some from the neighbours kids so I can afford 2 P-8s (one RAAF, one RNZAF wif Silver Fern) and 2 Wedgies, (one RAAF operational and maybe a Falkland Island defence force wiffer 😀)

• Haha 6

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon by Big Planes Kits (BPK) with Air Graphic - box art - release September 2022

I’m definitely in for one of these kits just in case the RCAF decides to one day replace their CP-140 Aurora fleet. It’s been talked about recently here in Canada that a replacement for the Aurora will be announced in the next few years. 

1 hour ago, Whitewolf said:

How does the UK version differ from the US version? I thought we were buying off the shelf with P8?

A friend of mine, who was a flight engineer, says the differences are internal. Some specific avionics are different and he thought an antenna might be different but he wasn’t sure of that. He’s a modeler and says the UK variant is close enough for his tastes in accuracy, which is usually quite high. 

Tim

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Greenshirt said:

A friend of mine, who was a flight engineer, says the differences are internal. Some specific avionics are different and he thought an antenna might be different but he wasn’t sure of that. He’s a modeler and says the UK variant is close enough for his tastes in accuracy, which is usually quite high. 

Tim

A kettle to make a cuppa?

Trevor

• Haha 2

On 09/08/2022 at 17:50, Tim Allen said:

Air-Graphics model coming with a RAF resin update set and decals for all 9 RAF aircraft.

they have also announced a separate decal sheet cover

2 RAAF aircraft inc the 100th Anniversary scheme

New RNZAF 

ROKAF

Indian AF

Norwegian AF

USN

German AF

Big Planes also announced Wedgetail next year in 1/72 scale

I would love to know exactly what is included in the Air Graphics kit? That's £70 extra? I thought the UK had pretty much bought the P8 off the shelf so how many bumps/lumps etc are unique to UK version?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Greenshirt said:

I wish I understood that.  I do know a cuppa = tea, but no idea what the phrase infers. 

Tim (dense American)

Instead of a coffee machine, an electric kettle

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Electric-Kettle-1-Liter-Capacity-Stainless-Steel-and-Black-Model-40901/224144476?athbdg=L1200

and a box of teabags😁

Trevor

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

I would love to know exactly what is included in the Air Graphics kit? That's £70 extra? I thought the UK had pretty much bought the P8 off the shelf so how many bumps/lumps etc are unique to UK version?

Me too.  This is getting confusing: we have kit no.7222 (Australian markings) at $120 from BPK; kit no.7220 (US markings) at £136 from Hannants; and the Air-Graphics job (UK-specific?) using the BPK plastic, assuming that's what "Big Models" means, at £160.  Even allowing for shipping and fees, that's quite a wide range of prices for what ought to be not hugely different models.

I'm beginning to think it's a good thing I'm not desperate for a Poseidon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pigsty said:

Me too.  This is getting confusing: we have kit no.7222 (Australian markings) at $120 from BPK; kit no.7220 (US markings) at £136 from Hannants; and the Air-Graphics job (UK-specific?) using the BPK plastic, assuming that's what "Big Models" means, at £160.  Even allowing for shipping and fees, that's quite a wide range of prices for what ought to be not hugely different models.

I'm beginning to think it's a good thing I'm not desperate for a Poseidon.

I'm just curious to know what you get? I would like to do a UK P8, but honestly thought ours were pretty much as they come of the Boeing production line with US systems & weapons? So what extra resin is included?

Anyone know if BPK have re-done the engines to include the larger bulged fan cowls that cover the bigger generators on the P-8? 

BPK's site isn't showing any sprue shots or detail of whats in the kit yet.

Eng

• 2 weeks later...