1/72 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon by Big Planes Kits (BPK) with Air-Graphics - released

Homebee

As follow up to its B-737-800 kit (link) Big Planes Kits is studying a 1/72nd Boeing P-8 Poseidon kit - ref.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/BigPlanesKits/photos/a.1510613519216386/2595368540740873

Read in the BPK Facebook

What about information for P-8 Poseidon? Which board number is interesting? We are need information.

82582382-2595368544074206-80897071083138

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Really glad they're are doing this, especially in 1:72nd, go well with my Shackletons, Nimrod, P-3 Orion, P-5 Marlin, Atlantic and Neptune.

Plenty of options aswel with USN, RAF, Indian and Australian use.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

Norway, Germany and New Zealand does also have the P-8A on order - the RNoAF expects deliveries in 2021/2022.

So BPK got plenty of time to prepare the kit...

p-8.jpg

Edited by LN-KEH
Added Germany to customer list
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Fresh news

Source: https://www.facebook.com/BigPlanesKits/posts/3045018269109229

Dear friends. We will be painting the decals for P-8A Poseidon 1/72. We want to put the USA version and the Australian version in one box. What aircraft number would you like to have? Please write specific board (aircraft) numbers. We will start to sell the model at the end of this year.

You can also write comments on our website.

https://bigplaneskits.com/

225282690-3045017362442653-1005950366038

V.P.

• Like 6

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing P-8 Poseidon by Big Planes Kits (BPK) - in project - release in 2022

Dear friends. We will be painting the decals for P-8A Poseidon 1/72. We want to put the USA version and the Australian version in one box. What aircraft number would you like to have?

Not quite in the spirit of the original question, but ZP801-ZP815 please!:happy:

• Like 1

There's definitely a market for this kit, and it'll put BPK on the "big board" like nobody's business.  It took Hasegawa "only" 19 years to get a 1/72 P-3 on the market after the type's provisional entry into service.  If 2022 becomes a reality, release-wise, they've beaten Hasegawa's timing on the P-3, unless I'm mistaken.

• Like 1

Can someone please tell me about the supposed centreline external stores stations (the only references I have seen is that the P-8 has 6 external stores attachment stations the 2 on each wing rated at (various references state 2,500 each others state 3,000 lb each - which one is correct I do not know???) and from a drawing I have seen (see below image) 2 centreline "in line" hard points of unknown load capacity? but I have never seen the supposed centreline hard points in any photos (not one) on a production P-8 !!!!!

I have seen the long canoe radar type installations on the centreline but never any armament such as bombs, torpedoes, mines or missiles. Lots of images of the bomb bay but never seen any images of the alleged external centreline stores carrying armament.....

Were the centreline stores stations incorporated into production models of the P-8 or not ? As the P-8 has been flying now for close to 8 years in operational service and not one image has emerged of centreline external stores that I have seen anyway?

spacer.png  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Well, numerous options even if they are all boring and grey. Still, easily rectified! 😂😉.

Very wise choice of scale too👍

John

I suppose one could always do a whatif Iranian P-8 in similar scheme to their P-3s to get a colourful one...🤣

spacer.png

• Like 4

The BPK 737-800 is over £120 at Hannants.  Any hints as to the price on this?  What with this and the Argus conversion, maritime patrol's getting to be an expensive business.  Doesn't stop it being tempting, though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pigsty said:

The BPK 737-800 is over £120 at Hannants.  Any hints as to the price on this?  What with this and the Argus conversion, maritime patrol's getting to be an expensive business.  Doesn't stop it being tempting, though.

On the BPK website the 737-800 is US$120 ( about £90), I would expect it to be not much more as they would be just adding an extra sprue for the lumps. They may supply the weapons bay which wold make it more expensive, US$140-150** perhaps?

** My pure speculation

• Like 1

The weapons bay shouldn't make it that much more expensive, since on the P-8A the bomb bay's about the size of an access panel. Just compare it to a Shackleton or Nimrod. Weapons bay or not, I'd definitely be interested in a 1/72nd scale kit of the Poseidon.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 10:17 PM, Bell209 said:

Be a lot easier than doing what Romeo Alpha Yankee did with the Welsh Models version!

Yes, you've gotta give RAY credit for paving the way for the rest of us!  If this comes to fruition, it'll prove the "rule" that if you sweat it out on a vac-form, chances are the kit will reappear as an excellent injection-molded kit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Yes, you've gotta give RAY credit for paving the way for the rest of us!  If this comes to fruition, it'll prove the "rule" that if you sweat it out on a vac-form, chances are the kit will reappear as an excellent injection-molded kit.

This is a truism that has yet to be disproved 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2