Looking for droids... (SW Legion, 35mm)

iwik

Hi y'all!

Another one of my plastic/vinyl figure from the desk game Star Wars Legion (or Imperial Assault, I don't remember which...). This time it's a sandtrooper mounted Dewback, patrolling the Tatooine desert in search for some important droids (so the commander said...).

Had a lot of fun.

Hope you like them!

IMG-3408.jpg

IMG-3409.jpg

IMG-3410.jpg

IMG-3411.jpg

IMG-3412.jpg

IMG-3413.jpg

IMG-3414.jpg

IMG-3415.jpg

Ciao
IWik

• Like 19

Great work on this model do like  the Lizard thing,looks a lot like our Blue Tongue,Having a lot of specials on Star Wars figures at the moment,Guess it's because of the movie,So do you think it's worth the buy and does the base come with it.

Jim

18 minutes ago, Jim Wasley said:

Great work on this model do like  the Lizard thing,looks a lot like our Blue Tongue,Having a lot of specials on Star Wars figures at the moment,Guess it's because of the movie,So do you think it's worth the buy and does the base come with it.

Jim

Hi Jim!

Hope everything is fine with you down under... :(

No, the figure doesn't come with the base.

I think these figures for the games are really cool, not too expensive, some very original (never seen Dewbacks, Banthas or Tauntaun anywhere else ever I believe...), but due to the plastic the're made of, a real pain where you know to trim. You have to remove the mold lines with wet sandpaper or, when you can't reach the line, with a sharp hobby knife. But still, some tiny bits that desperately hang on to the piece  just seem unremovable. However, you can get rid of them by brushing them away with Tamiya model kit glue (the green capped one). It will miraculously disolve all these bits. I've learnt it too late before priming this figure months ago.

Glad you like it.

Ciao

Iwik

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iwik said:

Hi Jim!

Hope everything is fine with you down under... :(

No, the figure doesn't come with the base.

I think these figures for the games are really cool, not too expensive, some very original (never seen Dewbacks, Banthas or Tauntaun anywhere else ever I believe...), but due to the plastic the're made of, a real pain where you know to trim. You have to remove the mold lines with wet sandpaper or, when you can't reach the line, with a sharp hobby knife. But still, some tiny bits that desperately hang on to the piece  just seem unremovable. However, you can get rid of them by brushing them away with Tamiya model kit glue (the green capped one). It will miraculously disolve all these bits. I've learnt it too late before priming this figure months ago.

Glad you like it.

Ciao

Iwik

Thanks Iwik,yes I know what you mean about this material it is a devil to work with,So thanks for the tips.Oh yes I have just order one so I hope I can do it proud like yours.

Cheers Jim.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, iwik said:

Would love to see that!

As a reference, Sideshow does one. A BIG one.

Ciao

Iwik

Thanks Iwik,I did youtube it and there is some fine examples,It should be here by next Wednesday,though I do have a stack on the work bench at the moment,and it is so hot and very humid,breaking all previous records,so I have only been painting in the early hours when it is not so hot,I may buy a second,as I have seen some really cool looking colours.

Cheers Jim

• Like 1