Lego International Space Station

GordonD

Purists may scoff because it's not a true scale model, but Lego have just announced an International Space Station, to be released on 1 February. It's not a huge model, measuring 19" long and 12" across the solar panels, but this means (a) it's relatively cheap and (b) it'll be a heck of a lot easier to display than the Revell version!

Details here.

According to the link, it's not that much smaller than the Revell 1/144 kit -- 703 mm long vs 765. That would make it about 1/157 scale -- typical FTB sort of figure.😬

Nor was it cheaper, from the figures I saw -- £65 vs £45 - 50. Of course, these days, the kit goes for insane collectors' price ten times as much, so yes, the Lego version is a lot cheaper, It makes a reasonable model if you can accept the quirks of Lego, and it's also a lot less work, what with no gluing, painting, decalling, etc. I can think of worse representations of the station to have on my shelf, and this one could easily be reassembed after the cats knock it off!😼

Built the LEGO Apollo 11 during Christmus with friends. It was fun and it looked good to. ISS in LEGO would be an fun build as well. More fun than for example Monopoly , Trivial Persuit or Clue.

After building Apollo 11 in LEGO it would be fun building the Revell or Airfix kit.

Cheers / André