1/48 - Lavochkin La-9 "Fritz" & La-11 "Fang" by Ark Models - La-9 & La-11 released

Homebee

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, B_Bogus said:

So how is everyone getting on with receiving their kits from Russia via eBay?

Guess why I'm asking...

Yeah, likewise - my La-9 is still out there in international pandemic limbo somewhere. Or maybe it's just being used to prop open a door at the local Canada Post sortation site. Hmmm - I'm just a week shy of two months since I received the shipping notification - maybe now I'll start worrying!

John

The second I ordered arrived last Saturday. The first has yet to arrive and I have requested a refund since it was ordered on 31st Jan.

Very similar in quality to the La-11, as you'd expect. Amazing at the price point.

Jon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oggy4u said:

Are there any trustworthy vendors on Ebay for the La-11 ?

I don't think it's the vendors you need to worry about; it's more the messed-up transportation system. FWIW, I got mine from this guy:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/ekatsmir?ul_noapp=true

John

3 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

The second I ordered arrived last Saturday. The first has yet to arrive and I have requested a refund since it was ordered on 31st Jan.

Very similar in quality to the La-11, as you'd expect. Amazing at the price point.

Jon

Same situation here - ordered Jan, requesting refund...

44 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

I don't think it's the vendors you need to worry about; it's more the messed-up transportation system. FWIW, I got mine from this guy:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/ekatsmir?ul_noapp=true

John

Unfortunately, that's the vendor who couldn't deliver...

Maybe better luck with these guys?

https://i-modelist.com/

2 hours ago, oggy4u said:

Yea , that's the guy who didn't send me my La-11 . I got my money back from Ebay , fortunately . The prices on the modelist website seem a little too good , if you know what I mean .

By "the guy", you mean ekatsmir or i-modelist? Regardless, it's kind of annoying; embarrassing, even - I'll give it another day or two, then start the cost recovery process. It was really the La-9 I wanted all along, the La-11, not so much, but I thought I might as well have both. Maybe that's what I get for trusting someone who seems to have posted an image of Brad Pitt on his site, although I still think, regarding failure to deliver, "there's more to the picture than meets the eye, hey hey, my my"...

John

As above, ekatsmir is the seller I have not received from. He has not refunded me and I can ask Ebay to step in on 23rd April.

I ordered the La-11 and then the La-9 from martinphila. Two separate transactions, both dealt with quite quickly and with excellent communication. I have received both.

Jon

4 hours ago, oggy4u said:

Yea , that's the guy who didn't send me my La-11 . I got my money back from Ebay , fortunately . The prices on the modelist website seem a little too good , if you know what I mean .

I *do* know what you mean  :worry:

It does seem that it's the going rate in Russia - their other prices are pretty par for the course, and no-one outside Russia seems to be selling them 

Ordered a LA-11 on Feb 25 via Ebay. Was due to arrive last Friday.  Sent a message to vendor. He gave me a long reply, put a search on it, sent pics ect. 

Basically said its due to Covid. 🤔

FWIW, I believe him. He is 100% on Ebay.🙂  Hope to get it before May 1st. 

Edited by Mike Esposito

6 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

Ordered a LA-11 on Feb 25 via Ebay. Was due to arrive last Friday.  Sent a message to vendor. He gave me a long reply, put a search on it, sent pics ect. 

Basically said its due to Covid. 🤔

FWIW, I believe him. He is 100% on Ebay.🙂  Hope to get it before May 1st. 

I've no reason to believe the ebay vendors aren't genuine, there does appear to be a big issue with post out of Russia - the store I posted the link to states delivery time of 14 to 60 days.

I previously bought paint direct from AKAN (pre-covid) and it arrived in a few days.

It's just strange that no-one outside Russia has stock, but I guess we know why!

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 5:03 PM, oggy4u said:

Ekatsmir can't be trusted . Why isn't he blocked by Ebay ? 

Does Hobbyterra or another reliable company carry the La-9 or La-11 ?

It looks like he has sent orders out but they're lost in the system - the effect is the same though. Pursuing refund through eBay.

I ordered from these folks: https://i-modelist.com/

I've received legit tracking details, so there's definitely *something* on its way!

The kits were cheap as chips and include Quinta 3-D details

On 4/24/2021 at 12:03 PM, oggy4u said:

Ekatsmir can't be trusted . Why isn't he blocked by Ebay ? 

Maybe because it's not his fault? There IS a global pandemic on, you know.

John

Ebay investigated my complaint and refunded my money after Ekatsmir couldn't provide them with a legitimate tracking number for the Ark La-11 I ordered . I think it is definitely his fault . 

36 minutes ago, oggy4u said:

Ebay investigated my complaint and refunded my money after Ekatsmir couldn't provide them with a legitimate tracking number for the Ark La-11 I ordered . I think it is definitely his fault . 

Fair enough - no tracking number, no shipment, it would seem.

John

Well, I attempted an inquiry with ebay and/or the seller regarding my overdue La-9, but ebay interpreted that as a refund request, so that's what I got. Please, some extra gravy with my serving of roast crow...

Now I've got one on order from another source.

John