1/48 - Lavochkin La-9 "Fritz" & La-11 "Fang" by Ark Models - La-9 & La-11 released

Homebee

Ark Models is to release new tool 1/48th:

- ref. 48050 - Lavochkin La-11 "Fang" - release expected on May 9th, 2020 or Great Patriotic War Victory Day anniversary date

- ref. 48051 - Lavochkin La-9 "Fritz" - release expected on November 7th 2020 or October Revolution Day in Russia

These kits should be on display at the soon Nurnberg Toy Fair 2020.

Two types of boxing announced: first basic and later advanced with resin add ons.

Source: http://master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=111038

200122055614442949.jpg

200122055614655346.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Hopefully more finesse than the Mikromir effort.

Any case, in Ark Models,

You will get whole Red Stars in decals, unlike ...

😉😁

8 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Beautiful! Not 1/72, but I'll happily bend my own rules on this one!

Let's hope that there will be a downscale!

B.R. 

Serge

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Oh, that was them too? IIRC another Ukrainian decal maker did the same at the start of the conflict.

As far as I know, with cut Red Stars they distinguished themselves only in La-9/11 MicroMir, was there anyone else?

1 hour ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Revisionists...

At first it was said there that it was because there was not enough space on the decal sheet, 😁then when they proved that it was not so, they said that it was their civic position, and this was politics .... but as it turned out later, it was simply that one insignificant person wanted world fame.... then he said to many: "I am...I am.

..the first person in the world 😆 who decided to cut the Red Star into pieces!"...so no politics really, it was just a complex of Napoleon in a little man....🤗

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

Just when I was planning a Mikromir La-11!!  I purchased $30 worth of aftermarket accessories .....oh well.

Don't worry about it,😁 because You always may be the owner of the world's first unique conversion of La-9 to Lavochkin paper  project 160 in 48th scale:

41-1.jpg

need  only:

- new part  fuselage;

- 2 × Jumo 004  jet engine;

- back part canopy.

Wing, fin, tail & wheel can be taken from La-9!

But you still have to spend ~ $40-50 on 2 × Jumo 004  jet engine (or Me-262) and styrene sheets! 

😉😁

Resource scheme:

http://aviadejavu.ru/Site/Crafts/Craft21545.htm

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

Preventing further questions, yes indeed Lavochkin 160, like the first Mikoyan project, is the very well-known influence of the Me-262 on Soviet developments, but as you can see, this influence did not go beyond the drawing sheet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Linden Hill said:

You'll note that's the same decal sheet as the Scale Bureau kit (SB logo in top left corner). I'm delighted Roman finally got this produced in plastic. 

You're right

Source: http://soga-miniatures.ru.com/index.php?productID=31027

2x7-enl.jpg

3k3-enl.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Seems fair enough. Is there a shared heritage between the two kits?

From further up the page, yes:

On 1/23/2020 at 4:03 AM, Linden Hill said:

FYI, the designer of Ark Models is the same person who created the original resin Scale Bureau La-9 and La-11 masters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Seems fair enough. Is there a shared heritage between the two kits?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/arkmodel/posts/1248080358735784

(...) Теперь по поводу SB (Скейл бюро) Сергея Яхонтова и его эпоксидных Ла-11 и Ла-9. Связь прямая. Сергей добрый наш товарищ и соратник. Поэтому вся информация для построения нашего 3Д проекта была представлена им. За что мы ему конечно же очень благодарны. Технологии математического построения новых проектов, которые мы используем ( как и у всех кто сегодня работает в сфере литья под высоким давлением) естественно никак не позволяют использовать чьи-то эпоксидные (или любые другие) модели. Но наработки (информация, чертежи и математические построения) именно SB легли в основу нашей модели. (...)

(...) Now about SB (Scale Bureau) Sergey Iakhontova and his epoxy La-11 and La-9. The connection is direct. Sergei Good our comrade and colleague. Therefore, all the information for the construction of our 3 D project was provided to him. For which we are very grateful to him. The technologies of mathematical construction of new projects that we use (like all who are working in high pressure casting today) naturally do not allow the use of someone's epoxy (or any other) models. But the development (Information, drawings and mathematical structures) was the basis of our model.(...)

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Homebee said:

Sergey Iakhontova

Sorry, but there is a mistake or typo in the translation.

It will be right Sergey Yakhontov.

It is curious that the surname Yakhontov most likely comes from the old Russian word "Yakhont" which earlier in old, tsarist Russia called depending on the color of ruby, sapphire or amethyst.

Since the XIX century, the world "yakhont" in Russian has been used mainly in fiction.  There are persistent expressions, such as “yakhontovyi you mine”, in relation to a precious thing or a loved one, which, in general, applies to La-9/11 from the Scale Bureau in a sense!

😉

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1