ITALERI MV AGUSTA 500cc

simontie

Started this after the new year and it's coming together ok, having built a lot of Tamiya I can see the difference in the quality of the kits, but I have tried my best to get it as close as possible found a few helpful Pinterest picture and here is where I am so far, The chrome plating I normally strip but I have left it on the wheels, forks, clutch and left hand casing I hope to touch these up with alclad chrome, engine and frame have taken a bit of fettling to get right, but all in its ok and I am learning how useful plastic putty is... kit comes with red and black tubing for ht leads and cables my mistake never read the instructions and used black instead but in my defence the red are fairly garish (hope that's a word) and I have taken licence on a couple of other items as everything according to the kit should be silver/alloy but it looks to silver so I used gun metal on the cards and some other mixes elsewhere like the distributor the frame took me ages to paint silver red looks much better but the original was silver so silver it is

simonspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

You probably know this already, but it is a re box of a Protar kit from the 80’s.  They weren’t Tamiya quality back then, but always were interesting. I have an AJS 7R on the stash pile with the rubber band chains 🤢

I will watch this one as it looks interesting. 

Looks good to me, as a lifelong biker I built a lot of Protar kits in the past, including this one, the MV's were a huge part of Bike racing back then and the sight and sound of one on song was something I will never forget. I must build another one someday.

Cheers

Dennis

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi sorry only just noticed your post I used some old fast dry enamel PLASTI-KOTE 105S (project paint)not sure if it is still available it was high in vocs..

sorry about the late response

Simon