CHIEFTAIN MK2 TAKOM 1/35,OLD WARRIOR OF THE COLD WAR, **FINISHED**

3 hours ago, Mike said:

It would be advisable, yes.  It would probably be appreciated by the members too, I'm sure :)

I have already modified the photos to a smaller size, from the PC I use (1080p screen), I see that now the photo upload is faster with respect to the previous batch.
I hope that it looks good, if not exact, because I would not like the smallest details to be lost when zooming in a point of interest determined for someone, I personally, I really appreciate the posts with a lot of views, in which you can see The points of interest, because sometimes, the assembly / painting instructions of the kits leave much to be desired, and it is a good reference to fill in those shortcomings, as well as documentation and inspiration.
Best regards.👍

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

upload is faster with respect to the previous batch.

Much better, yes ^_^ The thread is much snappier to load and still looks just as good :yes:

Good evening Francis, now this is a beautiful model of an awesome piece of armour. There's always something that pops up from every angle, like for instance the colour gradients on the exhaust. The armour plate in front of the headlights gives the Chieftain a confident yet menacing look. And the cherry on top of the cake must be the vignette, awesome work. Inspiring.

Cheers mate

• Thanks 1

Hi Francis,

Sadly, I've been 'absent' from BM for over a month due to health issues for both myself and my better half, but  she's recovered now and whilst I am worse than I was, life has returned to 'normal'. So, upon my return I noticed you've found your 'modelling bug' again and came straight to this forum and looked for your latest model, knowing that it would be a nice place to start. I've not made anything other than WWII armour , the odd 'historical' piece, and two post-war tanks, the latter as a teenager, and they were the Chieftain mk 2, and the Challenger.  I must say that the Chieftain mk 2 is my all-time favourite tank, so it's great to see that is your choice.

And what a fantastic job you've done. I love the colour and pattern of the camo, the extras you've added, most especially the lagging straps, and the muddy effects. And your base displays your Chieftain perfectly 'in action' cresting a slope at speed.  With that patchy grass and slightly chalky soil, I imagine that as Salisbury Plain, which I have had the pleasure of driving a Fox armoured car across at speed on several occasions. Addressing the (small) :elephant: in the room, I imagine that your Chieftain is almost about to 'go airborne', and that's why the suspension has all levelled out, so I'm not at all put off by that.  Just as with your 'Stuggie' base, the patchy grass and slightly chalky soil is exceptionally good and once again I am interested to hear how you made it. I haven't visited the WIP section yet, but is there a WIP for the base?

Congrats on another stunner, mate.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

On 11/03/2020 at 23:09, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

Sadly, I've been 'absent' from BM for over a month due to health issues for both myself and my better half, but  she's recovered now and whilst I am worse than I was, life has returned to 'normal'. So, upon my return I noticed you've found your 'modelling bug' again and came straight to this forum and looked for your latest model, knowing that it would be a nice place to start. I've not made anything other than WWII armour , the odd 'historical' piece, and two post-war tanks, the latter as a teenager, and they were the Chieftain mk 2, and the Challenger.  I must say that the Chieftain mk 2 is my all-time favourite tank, so it's great to see that is your choice.

And what a fantastic job you've done. I love the colour and pattern of the camo, the extras you've added, most especially the lagging straps, and the muddy effects. And your base displays your Chieftain perfectly 'in action' cresting a slope at speed.  With that patchy grass and slightly chalky soil, I imagine that as Salisbury Plain, which I have had the pleasure of driving a Fox armoured car across at speed on several occasions. Addressing the (small) :elephant: in the room, I imagine that your Chieftain is almost about to 'go airborne', and that's why the suspension has all levelled out, so I'm not at all put off by that.  Just as with your 'Stuggie' base, the patchy grass and slightly chalky soil is exceptionally good and once again I am interested to hear how you made it. I haven't visited the WIP section yet, but is there a WIP for the base?

Congrats on another stunner, mate.

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder, 

many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 05/03/2020 at 19:56, Ernst said:

Good evening Francis, now this is a beautiful model of an awesome piece of armour. There's always something that pops up from every angle, like for instance the colour gradients on the exhaust. The armour plate in front of the headlights gives the Chieftain a confident yet menacing look. And the cherry on top of the cake must be the vignette, awesome work. Inspiring.

Cheers mate

Hi Ernst,

May thanks for your llke and kind words, i`m glad you like it. Very much in agreement with you, this model has an aura of power and undoubted threat.

Cheers mate and take care 👍

• Like 2