1/32 Hasegawa Messerschmitt Bf 109K

Brad

The kit is the always nice to build Hasegawa model. Aircraft is that of Hptm. Adolf Borchers, who flew as the leader of Stab III/JG 52 in the closing months of the war and this machine was abandoned at the end of hostilities. Borchers flew some 800 combat missions scoring 132 victories, almost all on the Russian Front. He would survive the war and Russian internment to return home and start a ski school with his wife, Olympic gold medal skier Christl Cranz. Borchers passed away at 82 in 1997.

sEGEW2c.jpg

ukqfY2E.jpg

I85ShYl.jpg

93YdY3i.jpg

ESf2dho.jpg

U5Tk7O1.jpg

• Like 21

That's just awesome, and a superb finish. Love the attention to detail like the white over spray on the prop blade. Wish I could get close to results like this. I think I'll take up knitting instead.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A magnificent K! I also noticed that cool white overspray effect that fightersweep pointed out. Small observed details like that contribute so much to a convincing whole!

Concerning the photography, I think that you need to look in the instructions for your camera on the pages about white balance (WB). Your photos have a dominant red cast, except for the last two, where the colcour cast is more of a reddish orange.

This is because you have either put your trust in your camera's automatic white balance, or you have used a fixed but incorrect WB setting. It you did use the automatic WB, it has also been fooled by the sky blue (light blue green) background paper and has tried to compensate by adding the complementary colour – red!

Your camera instruction booklet/pdf should explain the steps to make a custom WB. It's not difficult – you take a white paper, but it where your subject is going to be placed, aim your camera so that the white surface is filling the viewfinder and hit a button. The camera is now adjusted for your particular lighting, without any influence from the background, and the setting is stored in the camera, even if you switch it off.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

A magnificent K! I also noticed that cool white overspray effect that fightersweep pointed out. Small observed details like that contribute so much to a convincing whole!

Concerning the photography, I think that you need to look in the instructions for your camera on the pages about white balance (WB). Your photos have a dominant red cast, except for the last two, where the colcour cast is more of a reddish orange.

This is because you have either put your trust in your camera's automatic white balance, or you have used a fixed but incorrect WB setting. It you did use the automatic WB, it has also been fooled by the sky blue (light blue green) background paper and has tried to compensate by adding the complementary colour – red!

Your camera instruction booklet/pdf should explain the steps to make a custom WB. It's not difficult – you take a white paper, but it where your subject is going to be placed, aim your camera so that the white surface is filling the viewfinder and hit a button. The camera is now adjusted for your particular lighting, without any influence from the background, and the setting is stored in the camera, even if you switch it off.

Kind regards,

Joachim

I'm actually using an ipad to take the pictures, for some reason it's been giving me pictures like this, but I'm not sure how to fix it on the ipad camera. I'll play around with it and see if I can find what you are describing. Thanks mate.

• Like 1