SAAB S17BS Floatplane ***FINISHED***

Courageous

Most of the week has been spent studying photos and a manual of the this a/c and deciding what to add.

20200131-125624-2.jpg

The rudder peddles were molded onto the floor. These were removed and a set of peddles now hang from the i/p. Photos/ manual show a centre console that runs to the floor, this was added, together with a cylinder, vertical 'guards' either side of the control column. Also added were various bits 'n bobs to the left and right of the pilot's position. Seat not fixed as this needs padding for the back and a 4-point harness fitted. Levers and stuff will be added after painting.

20200131-125701-1.jpg

I/P balanced to see how it looks.

More next week as this is a lunchtime build.

Stuart

• Like 13

That’s just fabulous work Stuart and if you're taking this much patience and care to the 1/72 cockpit, then we are in for a real treat on the overall build. Great stuff! 

Cheers.. Dave 

2 hours ago, reini said:

Good additions :) Little scratchbuilding can really bring a model to the next level.

Cheers but with that greenhouse on top, it has to be done.

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That just fabulous work Stuart and if you're taking this much patience and care to the 1/72 cockpit, then we are in for a real treat on the overall build. Great stuff! 

Much appreciated Dave. I'm not happy about the clarity of the glazing. I hope that after opening opening the glazing up, you'll be able to see my efforts.

Stuart

2 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Nice subject Stuart. I have a couple of Marivox Kits (Saab 105's) and they look like a lot of work, but you've but a great start.

I see you've even got Martin @RidgeRunner hooked on this one!

Terry

Absolutely, Terry. And today the postman brought me the correct one! ;)

Martin

B17

• Like 6

Good start Stuart this looks a cracking kit I hovered over the "buy" button  on this kit for build number three but stuck with a third Heller kit which hopefully

in three hours will be mine:evil_laugh:

• Like 1

An end of another week of fiddling in the cockpit.

20200207-125914-1.jpg

Boxes, panels, quadrants with levers, etc added and primed.

20200207-125923-1.jpg

Rear pit with motor, radio boxes, panels and primed.

20200207-125759-1.jpg

Port fuselage half fitted with panels, trunking, extingisher, O2 bottles, quadrants with levers and primed.

Next week will be the starboard fuselage half, should be a lot quicker. Got to fit cushion to pilot's seat, then belts. Could actually some paint going in here too.

Stuart

• Like 10

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice work, Stuart. I'm watching

3 hours ago, reini said:

Yeah, that looks good!

Thanks guys. I'm hoping that when the paint goes on, detail picked out, wash and highlight, it should look miles better than the kit option.

Stuart

That’s fantastic work and it’ll all be beautifully shown underneath that large glasshouse canopy. Under the one solid primer coat, you’d think it was all there from the start. Impressive skills and very convincing detail. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 9:49 PM, trickyrich said:

excellent work, she should really pop once the detail painting is completed

...let's hope so.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:10 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Impressive skills and very convincing detail.

Praise indeed. I'll be convinced when it's done.

Anyway, little update.

20200210-125926-1.jpg

Starboard fuselage now has a little detailed and primed. Will take home the primed bits and hopefully get interior green on.

20200210-125951-1.jpg

Floats glued together and now drying, ill tidy them up tomorrow. Those sticky-outy bits on the float supports and meant to be ladder rungs but are solid, so those will be replaced with metal options.

Stuart

Edited by Courageous
  • Like 9