Aoshima/Beemax 1:24 Volvo 240 Turbo

gt6mkiii

9 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

The mother-in-law's transport box, colours look exactly like in my Thule Pacific 600 🙂

what you transport her in that!!!! 

What a great idea! :D

• Haha 1

I think this is superb. What an excellent idea and brilliantly executed. 

I hope you join us in a few more group builds. 

Colin 

• Thanks 1

Superb build and photography :clap:

Did you have to work on the shine after spraying it? I'd love to know how you accomplished it, as I have somehow acquired a few car kits recently. :hmmm:

1 hour ago, Colin W said:

I think this is superb. What an excellent idea and brilliantly executed. 

I hope you join us in a few more group builds. 

Thanks Colin, "In the Navy" and "Kit I Built as a Kid" are possibles for vehicles, as I've been trying to not go down the airplane model rabbit hole.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Did you have to work on the shine after spraying it?

Thanks Mike. After returning to the hobby after a long pause, I've been steadily getting to a paint process that works for me and I've pretty much switched to all lacquer. I've been using the Mr Surfacer 1500 to prime, and then a lacquer colour coat followed by Mr. Hobby GX100 Super Clear thinned with the Mr Hobby Levelling Thinner. I thin the GX100 to between 3:1 and 4:1 parts thinner to clear, start with some mist coats to set any decals on the model and then apply 2 wet coats. After that has dried, I've been wet sanding with 6000 grit, then 8000 grit and then polishing with Tamiya polishes and Meguiars x2.0 Scratch Remover. It's a bit of work, but I like the scale thickness that the lacquer has. I've been seeing a lot of car modellers using the 2K clears and if I had easy access to them, I would certainly try them, but some of the results I've seen look too thick to me - a bit too show car for the street and race cars I've been building. Hope that helps and good luck with the cars!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1