Aoshima/Beemax 1:24 Volvo 240 Turbo

gt6mkiii

Thanks guys.

I've been plugging along on the interior, which is pretty basic and only includes one race seat - so I grabbed a pair of seats from the parts box and went for a street racer kind of interior. Painted the exposed parts of the tub green and then flocked the carpet area with embossing powder.

volvo_20

Everything was painted with Tamiya Nato Black with a satin clear over top and then some black washes so it didn't look so pristine.

volvo_21

I can actually pop this into the body now as all the glass attaches from the outside of the body.

• Like 13

Got a bit more done - masked the windows and painted the body molding and door handles. Haven't decided whether to do the door handle in chrome or leave it black - I've seen both on photos of 240s online.

volvo_22

volvo_23

Only a few painting tasks left and then it's pretty much assembly.

• Like 13

Seems like black is the winner for the door handle. 😀 

Oddly enough, the kit includes a silver and black decal to go over the door handle instead of just calling out the paint colours for the molded part.

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Furry dice at all?

Not sure - is there a Swedish equivalent, or are dice a global thing?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gt6mkiii said:

Oooh yes they are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, gt6mkiii said:

They were, how can I put this, 'of their time' and pretty much ubiquitous. At least in all the places I went during the 90s. That and a Magic Tree airfreshener.

Edited by Col.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Col. said:

They were, how can I put this, 'of their time' and pretty much ubiquitous. At least in all the places I went during the 90s. That and a Magic Tree airfreshener.

...and I bet you miss those days too! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...and I bet you miss those days too! :D

Most of those days were good days indeed.

Well - this one's done for now. All of the assembly is finished but I've got a couple of accessories on order to finish it off (not fuzzy dice) 😀

Here's a final assembled iphone photo until I get the chance to do a proper photo shoot with it. Thanks for all the comments and support so far!

volvo_24

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

It's a killer! Very sweet ride, well done.

Thanks Jeroen! I've been following your Volvo build as well - looking forward to seeing more of the scratchbuilding come together - it's inspiring to see such a drastic overhaul of a kit.

• Like 1

That's looking great and if photographed with a suitable background could easily pass for the real machine :goodjob:

• Thanks 1