Caproni Ca. 310, 1/72, Azur

Touvdal

welcome along Jes with build #4!! I have a feeling this is a GB you were looking forward to!

Another really interesting and unusual choice, which i had to read ap about as well. Not a very successful aircraft at all, but still a very interesting one for the GB.

Well good luck with this one as well, I think by now you'll have a loyal set of follows for your amazing set of aircraft/builds, I look forward to seeing them all in the gallery.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

a nice looking model, what is in those bags? Skis?

She lacked performance as it was, to have skis fitted....it's a wonder she even took off!

Maybe not but bet it made for a great fun sledge!

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 08:19, Christer A said:

A Caproni!

I wonder if the 310 was as rubbish as the 313 that Swedish Air Force used...

Anybody trying to use Ca.310 series as a real bomber was sadly dissapointed. Planes were good as scouts, light bombers, COIN, trainers and communication planes anything above that was too much for such small plane 

Hungarians were so dissapointed with them that they returned their entire order of Ca-310s and Caproni instead delivered Ca.135 bombers.

Yugoslavia bought them and used them as 2 engined trainers for Do-17, Blenheim and SM-79 crews and light bomb trainers and were quite happy with them. They even bought few Ca-310bis (looked like Ca-311 with few windows closed down) and few Ca-311 (5 delivered of 15 ordered few days before attack on YU)

• Like 1

The biggest issue was that they tended to fall from the sky if someone in the crew as much as coughed too loud, no matter what task they were performing.

edit: though they were also misused for a while, including as dive bomber (which was very trendy in Sweden too) and the Germans shot down a few as well.

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

...and the Germans shot down a few as well.

Oh. Please do tell more.

BTW COIN was at the time more honestly marked "for colonial duties" so hardly any FLAK, fighters and such pesky and unpleasent things. A peashooter at most but that was honestly dangerous enough for Ca.310 series

Edited by TISO

Whatever it's shortcomings in reality, the plane makes a lovely subject for a model.  I love the artistic curves of the canopy glazing :coolio:.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

OMG.....you've do an Enzo!!!! :yikes:

Last update she was barely together and now she's done!!

WOW!!! That scheme and paint job is awesome!!! How did you do the camp??? It almost looks like those metal masks from Eduard? However you did it that paint job is awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Well done on another one completed.

I really do hope you enjoyed this GB and will join us on part 2 of this GB!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2020 at 2:32 PM, trickyrich said:

OMG.....you've do an Enzo!!!! :yikes:

Last update she was barely together and now she's done!!

WOW!!! That scheme and paint job is awesome!!! How did you do the camp??? It almost looks like those metal masks from Eduard? However you did it that paint job is awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Well done on another one completed.

I really do hope you enjoyed this GB and will join us on part 2 of this GB!

Model is brush painted with Humbrol paints, all the small dots took alot of time. 🤩

Canopy frames are also painted with brush free hand.

Cheers

Jes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1