Airspeed Oxford, 1/72, Admiral

Touvdal

welcome along and another unusual choice.

I was a bit excited and confused (a common thing) when i was the first photo...a RAAF Oxford?? But then the second one sorted that all out. 

Again an interesting scheme for a will known aircraft. The model looks to be quite nice, a long way from the old Frog one (my father built one of those when they first came out).

Well good luck with the build, it does look like there will be some very interested follows, look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

The model looks to be quite nice, a long way from the old Frog one (my father built one of those when they first came out).

Now you are making me feel old!

Pete

• Haha 2

Started on this one tonight, it is a typical short run set, not the crispiest mouldings, some flash need cleaning up. They have included some resin parts, nice engines. 

I would have liked ifthey had made the engine cowlings in one peace in stead of two halves, wich is not the best fit.

Wing fit is ok,.

20200121_162932 20200121_162948 20200121_163007 20200121_165954 20200121_170808

Cheers

Jes

• Like 8

That the Danish used this type is news to me but delighted to see you've picked such a lovely machine as one of your subjects Jes :wub:

Edited by Col.

This Oxford kit actually looks pretty good Jes and your making very quick and excellent progress so far. Not long ago I was gifted a Tasman Oxford and that is definitely not a 'crisp' kit!

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tidy job Jes :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Touvdal said:

So finished, I had hoped that being a new set the quality would have been better. 🤔🤔

Was that the decals or the kit?

• Like 1