Hawker Hurricane mk.1., 1/72, Arma Hobby

Touvdal

welcome along Jes and with a Hurricane no less. (edit I just realised this is build #5!!!!)

Interestingly for a rare and unusual aircraft in this GB we now have 2, which all the Hurricane fans will be pleased to see. The other is in a different scheme (sort of) so no worries there.

Good luck with the build, it looks to be a nice model so it should be a nice build for you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 24/03/2020 at 12:17, Touvdal said:

Paint job going on

if you have these too hand, use a Spitfire Mk.I de Havilland spinner,  the kit kit one is correct for BoB era, but the first Hurricanes with Dh units used the ones for the Spitfire, and that is what the Finnish ones have.

see https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980181-hawker-hurricane-propellers-and-spinners-a-modellers-guide/

If you have an Eduard Spitfire VIII/IX/XVI kit,  they come with 3 wheel hubs,  early hurricane used a 5 spoke, if you drill out the wheel hub on the kit, you can  use a leftover 5 spoke hub from an Eduard Spitfire.

HTH

• Like 1

well done she looks great!  :thumbsup:

Seeing a Hurricane in this scheme is something quite different, glad you built it.

I do hope you enjoyed the GB, it's another fine model to add to the every growing gallery, again well done.

• Like 1