Special Hobby SMB2 Super Mystere

Hello Friends,

My follow up project to the Great Wall Hobby F-15I Ra`am was the Special Hobby SMB2 Super Mystere.  Here are the notable features and my thoughts on the kit.........

1. Built mostly straight from the box.  Used 0.6mm brass tubes to replace front pitot tubes under the intake. 

2. Used Model Master, Mission Models, and some old ( but still useful ) Polly Scale acrylic paints.

3. Weathered with Flory & Vallejo washes, pencils, paint, and chalk pastels.

4. Depicted from No. 105 Squadron based at Hatzor, Israel.

5. Plumbers putty and small lead fishing sinkers were used to have the Mystere sit properly.

6. The kit supplied decals were excellent and responded well to setting solution.

I found the kit to be mostly delightful with a few “fiddly” sections.  For some odd reason, I had a couple of issues completely eliminating some of the seams.  The kit is very well detailed and with little need for aftermarket accessories.  I hope you enjoy this version of the French designed fighter-bomber.  Thank you in advance for all of your comments and criticisms.  

With much respect,

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 37

Good work on the Special Hobby kit, Mike!

I know from my experience that SH models are not shake & bake kits.

IAF colors are very attractive indeed and make for a great couple on your shelf.

With best greetings from Vienna,

Roman

• Thanks 1

Ah, Mike, that is great to see! :). I have one going through WIP at the moment, albeit rather slowly. What a great build! :)

Martin

PS: did you experience any isdsue with closing te uppe nose ahead of the canopy? I did but I'm open to thinking that I got something wrong somewhere! ;)

• Thanks 1

To all.............

THANK YOU for the very kind words regarding my latest edition!!!!!!!  Given the level of talent on this website, it is an honor to be considered as such.   :thumbsup:

With much respect,

Mike

Great looking Sa'ar you have there, great to see one of these much awaited (by me), kits being finished to such a great standard.  Well done!

• Thanks 1