Messerschmitt Bf 109-Waffle

Pauls9cb

Perhaps not the appropriate place for something intended to amuse. My brother sent me this photo which appealed to my strange sense of humour. It's perhaps a reality check for the Experten amongst us who often convince ourselves we know an awful lot about rge WWII GAF and Emils in particular. Perhaps a novel joint approach by Willy Messerschmitt and Daimler Benz to experiment with maple syrup as an alternative to 87 gasoline. It's all meant in the best possible taste and I hope it amuses others as it does me. Clever bit of photoshoppery by someone out there, sadly not me.

Paul

.spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Glad to see you all joining in the spirit of this. I tried hard to id the actual a/c pic that'd been the basis for some clever photo skills and a sharp sense of humour. Failed miserably but wondered if W Nr 3579 might have been the subject.  Paul

I found this late war picture of an airfield graveyard. Can anyone Identify the second one from the left? It looks like a bomber but the camouflage is all wrong .......😁

spacer.png

• Haha 2

I. LOVE. IT. (!)

Years ago at an IPMS National Convention in Ohio, a meeting of the German air force research group showed up on the hotel scheduling monitor as “The Luft Waffle Circle.” This is just TOO perfect.

Edited by MDriskill

Hi Crimea River - I thought it probably was  W Nr 3579now based as a guest at the Heritage Hangar at Biggin Hill. I'd flipped thru the pics of this a/c on google yeaterday but couldn't find the one you have. Thanks for that. It confirms what I suspected. Cheers - Paul

A little humor is always welcome. My old university room mate's uncle was a pilot in the Luftwaffe(WW2); he would probably agree that the Luftwaffe's command was governed by waffles toward the end.