French Mirage 2000

Pauly Boy

They still do, the D model is currently deployed. Operation Barkhane, the Mirages based in Niamey, Niger.

The C models just returned home for good, supporting the Ds with guns and twin store carrier for 2 LGBs ...

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

Hello Paul

Try the following link with plenty of Mirage 2000 D photos, taken in N'Djamena during operation Barkhane:

http://www.divergence-images.com/francois-guenet/reportages/operation-barkhane-base-aerienne-172-de-FGU0782/

I think the link had been already posted here on BM by one of our members. Unfortunately, I have forgotten by whom or in which forum so my apologies to the original poster. Cheers

Jure

P.S.: The original link, posted by AV O (thanks!) in Resources sub-forum, can be seen here:

Edited by Jure Miljevic
P.S. added

On 1/22/2020 at 1:23 PM, Red Dot said:

looking at Niamey Airport, Niger, on Googlemaps shows some French AF aircraft. including a Predator-like drone! There is also a VC-10

I flew to Niamey few months ago... I also saw German C-160, French C-135FR and Atlantique. And a Ramstein marked US C-130J came in shortly after us. I didn't manage to spot any fighters while I was there though.

G

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guillaume320 said:

I flew to Niamey few months ago... I also saw German C-160, French C-135FR and Atlantique. And a Ramstein marked US C-130J came in shortly after us. I didn't manage to spot any fighters while I was there though.

G

The French are using reapers in Mali now

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2019/12/french-reaper-drone-conducts-first-operational-strike-in-mali

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...