40mm Viking Warrior

Goofy sculpt! I very much like how you finished the base; looks great (I'm a sucker for well made scale flowers...). The model itself has a solid paint job: The fur and hair look especially good. The only suggestion I would make is that a couple areas look too flat (the boots and the metal) and could benefit from some more washes/dry brushing to make them pop a bit more. Also, he needs some gore! Look at the rage on his face; Get some glossy transparent red and splatter it onto his axe and shield, maybe add some hacked off body parts to the base! Go nuts! It's those little details that give the model a story. 

On 1/21/2020 at 3:47 AM, c0ldethey said:

Goofy sculpt! I very much like how you finished the base; looks great (I'm a sucker for well made scale flowers...). The model itself has a solid paint job: The fur and hair look especially good. The only suggestion I would make is that a couple areas look too flat (the boots and the metal) and could benefit from some more washes/dry brushing to make them pop a bit more. Also, he needs some gore! Look at the rage on his face; Get some glossy transparent red and splatter it onto his axe and shield, maybe add some hacked off body parts to the base! Go nuts! It's those little details that give the model a story. 

Thank you for the comments, boots would have been made from animal hide ?, so would that not be a matt finish ?,  will add some dry brushing to his metal chain mail, i had envisaged him as shouting from a mountain top that the 'Vikings are HERE, run while you can' lol 🙂 , but may add some 'dried' blood to his axe from his last battle. 

On 1/21/2020 at 9:35 PM, Jim Wasley said:

Great work on this Viking.I have not seen this kind before,and as said the base is top class.

Cheers Jim.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brodiebear said:

Thank you for the comments, boots would have been made from animal hide ?, so would that not be a matt finish ?,  will add some dry brushing to his metal chain mail, i had envisaged him as shouting from a mountain top that the 'Vikings are HERE, run while you can' lol 🙂 , but may add some 'dried' blood to his axe from his last battle. 

Many thanks.

I meant flat in the sense of low contrast (sorry for the confusion!).