setting for going to unread posts in a thread you have been to before?

Is there a setting I can use so that when I return to a thread I have been to before it will take me to the first unread response? I find it tedious to have to stumble through a 12 page thread to find where it ended the last time I was there.

Just click on the 'link' to the time of the last post. Once this comes up it's just a simple matter of scrolling up to view the solid black line. This line will be set at a point where you've last read that thread.  I hope that all makes sense! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

It seems that all that does on my computer is bring up a small window that shows the latest post with no option to enter the thread at that point. Maybe if you could dumb it down to simple grunts and squeaks I can understand it.:rage:

If you click on the thread title, "setting for going to unread posts ...", in this case, you will be shown the first post.

If there are unread posts in the thread, an orange dot or star will appear before the title--click on that and you'll be shown the first unread post. A dot will appear if you haven't posted in the thread;  a star will appear if you have posted in the thread. I'm not sure if the orange color is a theme selection or not, but the dot or star is the important point.

A gray star will appear before a thread you have fully read. No dot will be shown in a fully read thread that you haven't posted in. 

Did that help? 

Edited by dnl42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, chalk one up to ignorance! I found that the 💬 next to the thread title took me exactly where I wanted! Who knew?! Thanks for the replies!

edit: I guess it's called a dialogue balloon?