1:48 MkIF Blenheim, Happy Christmas me!

Mum and Dad did well! Finally caught up with the Olds, and was over the moon with this. (I had helped by sending an ebay link hint.)

It was below RRP, but came with a few extra 'goodies' chucked in. (That combined are as much as the kit!) The canopy masks will be very useful, even though I quite enjoy making my own. The PE seat harnesses will be handy, as my homemade one for the K5054 Spitfire I'm currently building was hard work. As for the extra cockpit detail PE - blimey there's some small bits in there. Do you need a microscope to put this stuff together??!!  I'm new to Photo Etch, so cut me some slack, I need to do some research into how it all works. I'm not entirely convinced it's for me yet, as some of it doesn't look visible to the naked eye  🧐

49410438441_dfa4fceb0c.jpg

Airfix 1/48 Blenheim by Mike, on Flickr

49410641182_c8dd4a4ed4.jpg

Airfix 1/48 Blenheim by Mike, on Flickr

I feel a bit of a fraud starting this thread, as I've no idea when this kit will actually hit the bench. I build pretty slowly and there are a few in the queue. Also, I prefer a couple of different markings not included in the kit - either prewar RAF or Finnish Air Force.

• Like 4

Following this since I've read "Six Weeks of Blenheim Summer" by Alastair Panton, and I've been itching to build a Blenheim in my favourite scale of 1:48.

Good lucl with this one!

• Like 1

I will look forward to your build. PE always looks spectacular when it's done so it's worth having a shot. If you are going to use CA glue for it, you might want to have a test run beforehand to make sure it isn't going off. I've found that out the hard way on a few occasions myself!

Regards,

Adrian

I started this kit for a bit of build therapy after a bit of faffing with a couple of small airliners ( soon to appear on here ). Anyway , I couldn't put it down and although guilty of ' model starting' ended up building all the major assemblies ! It is such a pleasure to build. Good luck with your build.

Keith