Life after Fly: 28 Sqn Venom FB4 (Classic Airframes)

hendie

thanks folks.  this is on hold for the moment as the decals got lost in the post and the supplier is now out of town for a few days.  He was the only supplier I could find in the US so I have to wait for him to get back in about a week or so and then find out what's going on.

Lots of stuff going missing recently - A 1/48 Hawker Hart, Decal sheets and 10 bars of treacle toffee... make of that what you will

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Obviously the USMail man is stocking up for the siege, unless you bought them from Blighty in which case, ditto The Post Office over here

Treacle toffee huh, look for somebody with teeth even worsererer than mine...

😱😟😞

😷😷😷😷

• Haha 4

The white transfers finally arrived yesterday - after I had raised the "non-arrival" issue of the transfers with the seller and received a refund.  Being the honest type of guy I am, I emailed him this morning and informed him that they had finally arrived and I wished to pay for them.

So while working from home due to some virus or other I took a few minutes break and ended up with this.

P3170007.jpg

and surprisingly, the same on the other side.

P3170008.jpg

Those transfers can settle in with some micro Sol/Set stuff and at the next working session I can squirt some clear gloss on there before the final matt coat

now on to some train stuff while I'm still on a "break"!

• Like 16

4 hours ago, hendie said:

So while working from home due to some virus or other I took a few minutes break and ended up with this

Well, your breaks are way more productive than mine. Actually I think I'm working more at home now than I did in the office 😆

Markus

• Haha 1

Crossing the finishing line

Gloss coat this morning to seal in the transfers, then matt coat about an hour later

P3180001.jpg

Which meant that the very last job on the list could be crossed off - adding two aerials on the booms.   These were made from stainless steel wire.  I considered painting them black, but the few photo's I have which shows that there were aerials in this locations shows them as a light color.  At the risk of splodging paint on the fuselage somewhere I opted to leave the wire paint free.

P3180004.jpg

Now follows a bunch of shots from various angles

This angle I quite like

P3180005.jpg

Masking came off the canopy quite easily for a change. I'm glad I took the effort to mask in the actual glass shape and not simply follow the kit lines which were wrong

P3180006.jpg

P3180007.jpg

P3180008.jpg

P3180009.jpg

P3180010.jpg

P3180011.jpg

P3180012.jpg

P3180013.jpg

P3180014.jpg

P3180015.jpg

There folks!  That's all. Done and dusted.  Now to move on to something else - primarily the train but I'll need to figure out what the next aircraft build is to keep me sane when the train overpowers me

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Cracking job Hendie, nice to see it in the finished state, looks a beauty!

I really wish that someone would release one of these in 1/72nd, but then, I don't think I could do a good a job as this.

• Like 1