Export Hurricane mk1s

wombat

A while back there was a useful thread about whether Finnish Hurricanes were rag or tinwing (consensus was a mixed batch, for esoteric reason). My sources (far from definitive) are less helpful on other exports (eg Romania, Egypt, Yugo). No specific mention, and even delivery dates from which to imply are contradictory. Colour profiles often seem to use the tin wing outline as default for simplicity’s sake. Does anyone have the pukka gen?

Romanian ones were metal skins.  The first Yugoslavian ones were fabric, but later metal.  Romania did get a fabric wing one from Yugoslavia, I think.  Sorry about the sudden qualification there, I do have the recent book on Romanian Hurricanes but it is just out of reach at the moment.  None were exported to Egypt, some may have been handed over during the war, in which case they were metal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

Romania did get a fabric wing one from Yugoslavia, I think. 

They got 3 ex-Yugoslav planes, which had fabric wings. 

Romania got 12 Hurricanes from the UK, numbered 1-12,  the ex Yugoslav were 13-15,  and had the Yugoslav camo pattern. (details in Romanian Fighter Colours)

There have been threads on Yugoslav Hurricanes with detail of camo and markings if you need them @wombat

58 minutes ago, Milos Gazdic said:

There is a brand new book just published in Serbia covering Yugoslav Hurricanes in detail.

Is it possible to have a link to the publishers or more information.

Assume the book is in Serbian?  Are there many photos? 

EDIT

this one?

166798_0.jpg

http://leadenskybooks.com/hawker-the-yugoslav-story

42 euro posted it seems.  Have to see if the Aviation Bookshop are going to stock it,

cheers

T