Ta-152H - Zoukei-Mura 1/48

Hello,

Built basically out of the box, with minimal additions such as HGW seatbelts, thinned IP bezels and a few other fixes. The model is quite nice to build, and I even played the game of building and painting the inside: so mcuh fun ! However, adjustement of the engine cowling is a real pain... same as with its 1/32 brother. Also, it seems that some slight surgery is needed to close the canopy.

Decals of my box were out of register and replaced by a reference from EagleCals, despite a slightly over-scaled swastika and colors too flashy to my taste.

At the end, a fun build but I dont feel that the 60 Euros tag price is justified...

Antoine

Green 3, piloted by Josef KEIL

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

23.JPG

24.JPG

IMG_6354.JPG

• Like 54

This really looks great!  Might agree with you on the price being a bit stiff unless you can justify it from the standpoint of the time building the kit being an enjoyable experience.  I have debated tacking a crack at one of their 1/48 kits and think I will try it.  Not so much worried about the price if the hours spent on it are enjoyable. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for popping by and for your nice comments !

21 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

How did you achieve the stunning weathering effect around the cowl?  I send my congratulations for a museum-quality build. 

Thank you, I am happy you spotted this ! I used highly diluted paint in order to play with transparency and create different shades of the color. I also used watercolor pencils to add some scratches.

13 hours ago, Walter said:

Sublime build, can you pop the hood on that engine? Would be a shame not to see the detail you put into it.

I did not dare ruining the sleek design of this aircraft, but indeed, it is possible and would actually make the life of the builder easier because the fit in this area could be, umm,  better...

13 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Great build and paint work. I agree it was a shame to loose all that effort you put into the interior.  Almost needs a second build to display the interior beside the first model.

True, it's not visible but I had quite some fun building the inside 🙂

Have one of these Ta152s, just can't make up my mind how to build fully closed up or 'un-zipped'. Your excellent build & finish certainly makes me want to dig out this kit from the stash.

Again very well done.

• Like 1