Klemm 35 Swedish AF - Finished!

Jpthedog

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

WOW!! she looks great, well done

1 minute ago, srkirad said:

Such a nice contrast of colors!

Decals really made it alive yet more!

Not complete yet guys but thanks for the encouraging comments. The yellow of the decal does not come through as well on the orange background - should have sprayed on white discs to pl;ace decal on top of, but its a quick build so not too concerned. Skis and pilots to fit and paint next!

• Like 2

Just about there with the build - some small details to add to finish but here are the latest pics. Pics show up all the defects....

Some stretched sprue that needs to be painted brown to represent leather on the cockpit openings.

klemm+20200203_152445_resized.jpg

Couldnt resist sticking the pilots in - figures not my thing really..

klemm+20200204_145930_resized.jpg

Had a go quickly with a square of ply and some plaster of paris - snowy scene developing for the ski equipped Klemm! Will let dry and spray with white and do some minimal diorama work but will look OK I think

klemm+20200204_171012_resized.jpg

Next Nordic GB kit selected - think Lima November decals on an early Douglas product..... 

• Like 12

That’s really something. I love the combination of colours which is very eye catching and quite unique. Great bit of modelling going on here, well done! 
Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

On 6 February 2020 at 11:56 AM, Courageous said:

Looking rather cute and the little dio will set it off greatly.

Stuart

Stuart thanks - yeS the aircraft it self always was an attractive type in my eyes and ive decided to keep the base very simple/rustic as it dosnr need much more. That base actually came away from the base so i prepared it properly this time adding pva and recreated the snowy ground.

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I'll say, that just sets it off perfectly!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers Rich

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That’s really something. I love the combination of colours which is very eye catching and quite unique. Great bit of modelling going on here, well done! 
Cheers.. Dave

Dave - agreed the bright orange against the green is very pleasing. Not sure which other Swedish aicraft were similarly schemed? Thanks for the compliments, often its quite rewarding spend a bit of time on a small 1/72 aircraft - eyes complaining tho!

• Like 1

• Jpthedog changed the title to Klemm 35 Swedish AF - Finished!

Thats all I'm doing with its final coat of AK sheen sealer coat. Made new glazing, finished the base, pitot tube fitted under-wing (not seen). Really bright and an enjoyable quick build makes the Nordic GB a great place to be. Pics on the gallery.

20200212_112840_resized.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Do like the way this one has turned out John and disappointed I didn't get into club night to see your work for real.

Cheers Col - yeah was a good Club night - maybe looks better in the photos! Catch you next time!

• 2 months later...

I really have to apologise for this @Jpthedog , I really thought I have replied to you finished this build months ago, but it appears I didn't or it didn't post! I pass it all the time in the gallery as well! :wall:

Well, well done, she does look great and nice and colourful. Plus she is something quite different and unusual, which is great to see. That wee base suits her perfectly as well.

I do hope you did enjoy the build, it looked to be a nice straightforward build and again I'm you brought her along. :thumbsup:

...and again I do apologise for not commenting as soon as she was completed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I really have to apologise for this @Jpthedog , I really thought I have replied to you finished this build months ago, but it appears I didn't or it didn't post! I pass it all the time in the gallery as well! :wall:

Well, well done, she does look great and nice and colourful. Plus she is something quite different and unusual, which is great to see. That wee base suits her perfectly as well.

I do hope you did enjoy the build, it looked to be a nice straightforward build and again I'm you brought her along. :thumbsup:

...and again I do apologise for not commenting as soon as she was completed. 

Rich no problem at all - I know myself I am not up on all notifications and I dip in and out of the posts as life allows! Thanks - I do like it too - its different and likewise I am pleased with the small and simple base. Want to use plaster of paris a bit more in future and add some colour to bases which do set off the finished models better. Really enjoyed the Nordic GB and I made the Norfly DC3 too but wanted to do 2 more - Finnish Lysander and Danish F100, but as ever our dreams are bigger than time allows! 

Anyway the lockdown has meant more time for modelling!

• Like 1