From the back of the shed: 1/72 High Planes Sea Fury

I was fossicking around in a cupboard in the back of the garage and found a bit of (my) modelling ancient history. Its the High Planes 1/72 Sea Fury - purchased way back in early 2000's, if not before, when I first started back in the hobby. It was my first experience of a limited run model, and it shows. Abandoned well over 10 years ago, and looking rather sad.

49407493463_1e702d2efd_b.jpg

I cleaned it up, and did the last few bits to finish it off (heaven knows how I managed to not lose the canopy). Doesn't look too bad. Paint is a patchwork of enamels and acrylics - and laid on rather thicker than I do these days. I had to glue back various bits and bobs that had fallen off, painted on the walkways.  I faked up the metal exhausts from some thick foil I had lying around.  Finished with a brushed on coat of the last of my jar of Tamiya Semi Gloss Clear, which was also a bit claggy. Completed with the markings from the kit, which I must admit to not knowing the background of. Thanks for looking.

49407493423_caaa090c0f_b.jpg

49408172927_9e19faee34_b.jpg

49407974601_d6a78721da_b.jpg

49407493373_4b63e28c92_b.jpg

• Like 27

3 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Seeing good builds like this gives me hope for the HPM kits I have inventory.  Thank you for the inspiration.

My pleasure- although from memory this one was tough and required a lot of fettling.