USS Nimitz 1/350

Hi Everybody,

That's USS Nimitz 1/350 with WEM PE parts full set and Starfighter decals for planes. Almost a year of work to depict the most famous aircraft carrier. I like the most models presenting models that is why I do not use weathering, rust, or worn out effects, only line effect to get details. I have placed also some pictures of deck vehicles and planes. She must be very impressive in real life...

DeFGZgv.jpg

6zWTcMW.jpg

SJsNsoM.jpg

SE5cg0y.jpg

5WqHZZv.jpg

bCmZIeS.jpg

TsPP9z5.jpg

lzkG4EX.jpg

1Sh4xi6.jpg

5beC53u.jpg

3iotd9j.jpg

FEQJiUs.jpg

f42oihA.jpg

2lMCrkT.jpg

MrfqQjE.jpg

Now it is time for 1/16 car :)

See you soon (hopefuly :)

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

On 1/19/2020 at 5:31 PM, Ratch said:

How did anything take off or land - there's no space :shrug:

Cats #3 and 4 look to be clear, so some aircraft can at least get off the deck. Maybe if enough of them do, there'll be room for a few to land back on! 😀 It'll help if they can strike a few below too.😉

On 19/01/2020 at 10:40, Angus73 said:

Hi Everybody,

That's USS Nimitz 1/350 with WEM PE parts full set and Starfighter decals for planes. Almost a year of work to depict the most famous aircraft carrier. I like the most models presenting models that is why I do not use weathering, rust, or worn out effects, only line effect to get details. I have placed also some pictures of deck vehicles and planes. She must be very impressive in real life...

Great model and very impressive indeed.  I can assure she is equally impressive in real life.  I had the privilege of working with her in the aftermath of First Gulf War and I can tell you, landing little Larry Lynx in the middle of that enormous flight deck was one of the highlights of my flying career.  Somewhere I've got a photo taken just after this one that shows my cab on deck alongside the island and it looks lost!

34218082402_cb68035596_b.jpg

On 20/01/2020 at 19:15, Stealthman said:

What time period is it set in? Presumably this is the Trumpeter kit of Nimitz as she was built , but that's a later Radar Tower aft of the Island? 

Yes, that is the question I wondered.  It's an eclectic mix of aircraft with F4s, F14s, F18s, A6s and EA3s all together on the deck.  Certainly in '91, which was before the lattice radar mast was replaced with the solid one, the air group comprised F14s, F18s, A6s and EA6Bs.  But nevertheless, it's a fabulous example of naval air power at its best 👍 

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 2

Hi Guys, I must admit that "eclectic" is the best word for the situation on the deck. During assembling, I was wondering, which planes to chose, earlier ones or later. But finally I decided to put a mix of them to present different types from different times to have them all. So lets keep the version that my model is from 90's having modern planes on the deck with some guests from the past visiting the ship again :)

@ Chewbacca, I really envy you the opportunity you had in the past, I am sure that she must be impressive!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...