The Republic for which it flies ! Now replaced with new thread.

Hello one and all... So I did a scan back to 2015 and didn't see anything for this subject. So I’m proposing a Group build for all things Republic Aviation. This would include the Original Seversky Aircraft Company and its aircraft. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_Aviation

Even if an aircraft is not on this list, if you or anyone can show a Republic/Seversky connection thats reasonable I will allow it. Many famous types and prototypes have born the name of Republic Aircraft. If anyone is interested please let me know ? You can build a P-35 or an 2pa in Japanese markings. That or maybe an Seversky AT-12 Guardsman. Then there are of course the P-43 Lancer and P-47 Thunderbolt. Or maybe you fancy a jet, there are of course the Thunderjets, Thunderstreaks, and Thunderflashes. Then last but definitely not least there is the Thud or Thunderchief. Standard rules would apply of course. 

Of course I’m always looking for a co-host or two ? If interested please raise your hand and be accepted into the job. 

1. Corsairfoxfouruncle (Host)

2. TEMPESTMK5

3. srkirad

4. theplasticsurgeon

5. Wez

6. Arniec

7. helios16v

8. RidgeRunner

9. trickyrich

10. MarkSH (Co-host)

11. Jabba 

12. reini (Co-host

12a. Marcin Kaminski

14. Robert stuart

15. LorenSharp

16. Christer A

17. Alan P

18. Rabbit Leader

19. JosephLalor 

20. dnl42 

21. vppelt68

22. CliffB

23. mackem01 

24. Marklo 

🏁30.

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Well, it would be very nice if this GB pass through 2021 bunfight - 2021 marks 80 years from the first fligth of P-47, and 75 years from the first flight of F-84G.

I had in my personal plans to build P-47 and/or F-84G in 2021, so, count me in!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was having a rummage in the stash the other day, I have P-47's various, F-84E/G various, F-84F various, RF-84F various and a couple of F-105's plus loads of decals for the aforementioned so I have plenty of choices for this GB.

This GB is right up @RidgeRunner street, there's a few Latin American air forces that used the P/F-47.

• Like 1

@Wez I have a few of Kartveli's beauties in the pile - F-47s (Latin D and N), F-84G, F-84F, RF-84F. I'm done with Thuds. I love them but they take up too much space! ;) ..... I might be tempted to another test or research Thud, though ;)

Count me in, Dennis

Martin 

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RidgeRunner said:

@Wez I have a few of Kartveli's beauties in the pile - F-47s (Latin D and N), F-84G, F-84F, RF-84F. I'm done with Thuds. I love them but they take up too much space! ;)

Would you by chance be interested in joining ? Id love to have you build something if this gets approved ? 

2 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Counted and on the list, hopefully we can get enough to get in by November. 

You need to get out there and do a bit of arm twisting Dennis. :fight:

• Like 2

My plans for these kits are Nicaraguan F-47N, Norwegian RF-84F, Greek F-84F, Greek F-84G and a Colombian/Ecuadorean F-47D. .... I need to keep my powder dry on the one I'd contribute to the GB.

M

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 2

bugger i seemed to have missed this thread when it went up.......guess you'd better sign me up to!

Not too sure what I'd build, F-105, A-10, Luftwaffe F-84? Rumour has it that there's a new version of the P-43 Lancer coming out soon from Dora Wings.......will be grabbing one of those when it's released!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkSH said:

Yep sounds good, I have always wanted to do a Warthog, don’t have one in the stash but when has that ever stopped me!

How could I forget the A-10?  Yep, got a couple of those in the stash too!

So many choices.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trickyrich said:

bugger i seemed to have missed this thread when it went up.......guess you'd better sign me up to!

Not too sure what I'd build, F-105, A-10, Luftwaffe F-84? Rumour has it that there's a new version of the P-43 Lancer coming out soon from Dora Wings.......will be grabbing one of those when it's released!!

8 hours ago, MarkSH said:

Yep sounds good, I have always wanted to do a Warthog, don’t have one in the stash but when has that ever stopped me!

They all sound like good options, Warthogs definitely would be welcome. Yes I'm looking at both the P-43 and P-35 from them. 

Dennis