1/72 Academy F-8E Crusader, The Hunters

16 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That looks magic Phil, kit scheme too, I can see one of these in my future, maybe another even though I've a couple in stock, both with Shamrocks markings, one of which for a VF-84 F-8C conversion.

Steve.

Will be very interesting to see the conversion to the C model Steve.

I have just had a quick count of the stash - I have another 5 of these in there....!!!   🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Will be very interesting to see the conversion to the C model Steve.

Don't hold your breath Phil but hopefully, with retirement looming in a year or so. the largeish holding of kits I have will get some inroads made, the F-8C is fairly well up the list, this is the conversion. @TheRealMrEd did one recently. The conversion is available from @David Newman who is a member on here though hasn't looked in for a bit, I got mine direct from him.

Steve.

Steve.

• Like 1

Hello RM,

The Academy is one of the best Crusaders in 1/72 scale.

But it still needs a skilled modeler to get it finished.

Splendid job. Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

I was so impressed with this, I couldn't help parting with cash when I saw the same kit in my LMS yesterday.

Craig.

Cheers Craig - much appreciated.

I had the exact same reaction when I saw an A-7D on here many moons ago.  I wasn't a member back then, more of a lurker in the background.  I was so impressed by the model that a guy had completed that I signed up to BM on the spot just so that I could pay my compliments.  I then built the exact same kit (first time using an airbrush too).  Since then I haven't looked back.  

I hope that you really enjoy the build of the Crusader - it really is a cracking kit.  Look forward to seeing it on here soon.

Phil