1/72 Academy F-8E Crusader, The Hunters

Really nice F-8.

The finish looks pretty flat, so I'm guessing the Xtracrylix varnish has improved, as I bought a bottle when it first came out and the finish is a satin with a noticeable sheen on it?

• Like 1

Thanks all.

Junglie - try and pick up one of these if you can - will be so much better than the Hase version.  In fact I just bought another Academy F-8 at the Bolton model show!!! 🙂

Yellow canopy seal is indeed kit supplied decal - there are decals for the main canopy as well but I like the look without these applied.

Phil

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralph said:

Great kit! What Tamiya paint ref did you use for the grey, out of interest, as have exactly this kit to do myself!

Cheers R

Tamiya XF-80 - Royal Light Grey is a great match for Light Gull Grey mate.  Enjoy the build!

Academy's F-8 Crusaders are one of those kits that needs no introduction. Easily the best Crusader kits out there, on par with Hasegawa's 1/48th kit (similar breakdown, surprisingly). Really happy to see how nice you pulled it off, makes me want to add another F-8E alongside Richard Bellinger's MiG killer of VF-162.

• Like 1