P-47D "Razorback" / Tamiya / 1:48

Hi Mathy,

WOW!!! Excellent work man! Well done! I love the finish.

One comment if I may from my very limited experience - IMHO the marbling effect is maybe too uniform and strong, so the color modulation could be a bit more random and subtler. It might be the lighting in the photos though, so I might be completely wrong.

Again, superb model!

Best,

Nikola

• Like 1

Most realistically weathered Jug I have seen in a long, long time! Lots of small but  noticeable details like the dataplates on the gear struts, the ring and bead auxilliary gunsigh, the folded map on the instrument panel coaming, and the numbers above the guns. An incredible example of model building- I am soooo overwhelmed. If you'd like to add another little detail, you might consider putting the arming wires that ran from the nose and tail fuse to the wing pylons, as well as the fuel and vacuum plumbing from the external tank into the LH side of the fuselage at the rear of the shackle. See the link to a plumbing diagram for  the 108, 150, and 215 gallon P-47 belly tanks.

Mike

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/56041-108-gallon-belly-tank-connections-on-p47d/

Mathy,

You're models are always superb! A couple questions;

1. How did you get the peeled silver finish on the wing roots? 

2. Do you photograph your models outdoors to get the backgrounds? The black "tarmac" and background are fantastic, and on a few of your other builds the backgrounds look slightly different.

Please share the secret to your magic.

Thanks,

Mark