My first completion of the year. Picked up both kits from an on-line shop during their November clearance sale. The base G-6 went together easily, as expected from most Tamiya kits. The resin nose conversion was designed to attach just like the kits nose section and fit just as seamlessly. My conversion was missing a pair of wing roundel decals, but Csaba from SBS Models sent me the missing decals.

Hispano Aviacion HA-1109K.1L

Escuadron de Experimentation en Vuelo

Torrejon de Ardoz A.B., Madrid, 1951

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers,

Rich

Edited by Rich B
Corrected date.
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

I have the conversion and just moved it to the top of the stack!!!! Great result!!!  Question: I do not know much about the history other than this version did not see much active service. I am thinking of a diorama presentation—can anyone suggest a scene?  I was thinking of a K-1L sitting on the tarmac; early fifties with a brand new F-86 sitting next to it. Anyway, nice nice work!! 

36 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

Question: I do not know much about the history other than this version did not see much active service. 

These were the Hispano 12Z powered versions.

The main drawback of that engine was the protracted development (for obvious reasons) and the single stage single speed supercharger which left it behind contemporary engines.
It did have double overhead cams though, so there's that ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Rich, can you suggest a reference for the Ha-1109 K-1L? Thanks 

Kagero published a book on the HA-1112 that does have some info on the HA-1109. There are a couple of threads on this site that discuss the aircraft. Other than that, I spent time searching the internet and piecing info together.

Cheers,

Rich

• Like 1