Saab JA-37 Viggen Red 10: 3..2..1......FINISHED !!!

Ettore

Good morning friendsI need a little help; while laying the decals on a 1/72 scale Saab Viggen that I am building for this GB, a decals broke for one of my misplaced fingerprints, here is the reference box art.

spacer.png

the decals represents a code: " P10 " in red which must be placed on the upper part of the rudder

spacer.png

spacer.png

If someone had it and can deprive it of it, it would do me a great pleasure, obviously paying the due

Thanks in advance

Ettore  :bye: 🇸🇪

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sorry, not my scale, so can't provide you with spares...

But in this GB aone several Viggens are being built... I do not remember Red 10 though... maybe ask directly?

Great result by the way!

Edited by exdraken

9 hours ago, trickyrich said:

hopefully someone con help you out here, I though there was another one of these models in the build.

I am building this kit, but unfortunately the same scheme.

thanks so much guys!

Ettore

Edited by Ettore

Ettore, you don't have anything in you decal spares you could cut up to make this number?

A couple of small red circles and a red line and I think you could almost patch something together.

Hi to All

I filed the problem with the broken decal: "I bought the same kit! And I'm waiting for it ............
I finished positioning all the others and airbrushed an additional hand of future wax. I apologize for the photos but I no longer have parchment paper to mask a lamp

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Dear Rich I could make a mess, I prefer to buy it new and maybe one day  built it in three tone camouflage;

rather, the dilemma will be: I leave it nice clean or quite dirty as in fact these operational planes were, in this case I should make it a base and it's not that I'm very good at it.

A new  weekend  Covid-19 returns ......... everyone to modeling !

Byeeeeee

Ettore :bye:🇸🇪

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 7

Coming along very well indeed. I have noticed a few natural metal ares along the spine, as I am doing the same scheme I have looked on the instructions but can not see them. Are they meant to be there?

2 hours ago, Jabba said:

Coming along very well indeed. I have noticed a few natural metal ares along the spine, as I am doing the same scheme I have looked on the instructions but can not see them. Are they meant to be there?

Sort of, but the modeller painted the wrong areas in metal.

The panel with the red transparency /nav light?/ should most likely be of a metallic sheen, and not the panel right in front of it with the little red aerial. The black/dark area further down the spine is correct, and the panel in front of the vertical stabilizer should be normal camo color. Check reference photos of the real bird s/n 37410. However, most photos online are from the time before they painted the tail red.  Currently, the jet is perserved in a museum, I believe /Österlens Flygmuseum/.

By the way, not meaning to nitpick, but the number & swedish roundel on the nose are a bit too forward. The number should be well within the darker grey camo tone...

In any case, I think it is well within the parameters of this GB to take a bit of artistic licence with things like these 😀

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Drake

for reporting the errors and saving me with the artistic license  🥶........... I was about to give it a hammer.:fight:

Ettore :bye:   🇸🇪

Edited by Ettore

Good morning

Contrary to my ideas I have completed this work by getting the plane dirty, after having viewed a lot of photos of operating planes, both in flight and on the ground.
I don't know if I will repeat the experiment but I leave the sentence to you: promoted or rejected? Executioner or acquitted?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

See you in a future GB, that of Spitfire .............. spend a good Sunday, but how do you wish this, given the period ........

Ettore :bye: 🇸🇪

• Like 9

splendid job Ettore! :thumbsup:

Not an easy model as we all know now and you're managed to build a beauty out of it!

I do like the the weathering you've done...in the photo's you'd be hard pressed to know what scale she is...well done she looks great. 

Despite the dramas you had, I do hope you enjoyed the build, as always a delight to have you along for it. Loom forward to see you in the next GB. :thumbsup:

What a stunning result. The patchwork of weathering really does add life and authenticity to this one. Great work Ettore :goodjob: