British light dragoon. Waterloo bust

This was the first bust and larger than 35th scale I ever attempted. Really enjoyed the change of techniques and learned alot to take back to smaller scale. Hope you enjoy. 

British Light Dragoon Waterloo 1/9th Scale Bust British Light Dragoon Waterloo 1/9th Scale Bust British Light Dragoon Waterloo 1/9th Scale Bust British Light Dragoon Waterloo 1/9th Scale Bust British Light Dragoon Waterloo 1/9th Scale Bust

Apologies for the cheesy watermark too. I had to do it for a time as some random russian was selling my images as his own  😂

Edited by Red Five
  • Like 15

23 hours ago, Richard E said:

A figure with some real character Simon: that's a face that's definitely lived a life.

Thanks. I was really happy how he turned out for my first attempt. Gave him to my dad as he loved it. 

On 1/19/2020 at 12:26 AM, Red Five said:

Thanks. I was really happy how he turned out for my first attempt. Gave him to my dad as he loved it. 

I think that's the highest accolade you can get.

Edited by Richard E
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely stunning, I’m in awe.

The only minor criticism, and this is probably a criticism of the paints at that large scale rather than your skills, is that whilst everything else looks so realistic the sword doesn’t look like metal.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nheather said:

Absolutely stunning, I’m in awe.

The only minor criticism, and this is probably a criticism of the paints at that large scale rather than your skills, is that whilst everything else looks so realistic the sword doesn’t look like metal.

Cheers,

Nigel

Yeah. It was my first go to be honest. It's quite hard to get decent effect brush painting. Needed to use a chrome airbrushed or something but thanks for the feedback. 

On 02/02/2020 at 19:59, Ratch said:

Very nicely painted, but I thought the dragoons had replaced their Tarleton helmets long before Waterloo :hmmm:

Couldnt tell you TBH, the figure was marked up as such I just painted him haha.

Edit- Turns out youre right no they didnt wear them (Think it was around the 1812 mark upon wellingtons insistance that the shako shape was easier to distinguish than uniform colours in the fog of battle) at waterloo or rather there was very little chance of it as theyd been phased out but some MAY have still had them but slim chance, yet some of the artillery did. Weirdly they re adopted them i think later in the centry? Easy fixed. Ill just name him British Light Dragoon 1805 or something haha Thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by Red Five