GB idea - 'A squadron Then and Now'

Ralph

Evening all,

Further to a comment made on one of my RFI posts, might this be an idea for a GB? Namely building two aircraft (or tanks) from a squadron or unit of your choice, showing their current equipment and their equipment from a point in the past. For example, you could build a Typhoon in 29sqn marks, and a 29sqn Blenheim from WW2. Another might be a Minnesota  ANG F-16C blk 50, and the same squadron's F-4D from the 80s. The only real restriction is that the unit has exist in the here and now.

Would be interested in people's ideas!

Cheers R

• Like 6

Now this is a group build I would be interested in. I would suggest though widening the scope of this group build a bit to a Squadrons Through Time group build, having aircraft from different points in time built. This would allow the inclusion of squadrons that are not around today but had a good few years of service with different aircraft.

Count me in for this. Almost certainly a V Bomber and the modern counterpart or if allowed a ww2 aircraft and a v bomber (617 sqn lanc and Vulcan!)

• Like 4

Kinda agree with Adam on this one. There are only so many modellers on here who would be keen to model a F-35, Typhoon or UAV for certain examples. Opening this to a 'Squadron in time' type of ruling would greatly expand the choices of subjects and units on offer. 

Cheers and best of luck getting this one over the line.. Dave 

• Like 1