Badger's 1/72 Academy Ju87 G-2

badger

Well that all happened rather quickly!

2020-01-20_10-27-41

I'd finished the cockpit and thought I'd get the fuselage halves together before finishing for the night.

This went rather well so I thought I'd try offering up the wings to see what the fit was like. Turns out it is excellent, so I stuck them on!

I then thought "humm - wonder the nose fitment is like?" That ended up getting attached as well!

2020-01-20_10-32-28

Will leave this to dry now overnight.

More soon

Ben

Edited by badger
  • Like 11

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 22:33, badger said:

Well that all happened rather quickly!

So quick I missed it completely :lol:

Nice work Ben!!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Nice progress and a completed cockpit too :clap2:

Cheers, Peter

7 hours ago, BIG X said:

So quick I missed it completely :lol:

Nice work Ben!!!

Thanks Chaps.

Sadly a combination of a horrible head cold and a manically busy week at work meant I've not been able to find any more time during the week for this.

Hopefully more soon though

All the best 

Ben 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, SoftScience said:

You're doing awesome. The cockpit looks great! Keep it up!

15 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Hello ben, good to see a small scale winged thing on the go 😋,great job so far , the cockpit looks grand!

Thanks for the comments chaps. Hopefully I'll be back to this soon

All the best 

Ben 

• Like 1

Sadly a broken sky box means I'm binge watching a couple of recorded series on tv at the moment as once the new one arrives we lose everything that was on the old box.

Currently half way through the excellent Deutschland 86 and still have the last season of Peaky Blinders to do!

Thus there has been no progress on this since the last update. 

All the best 

Ben 

• Haha 1

When my telly broke just before Christmas - just as Man City were about to play I quickly downloaded SKY GO to my laptop to watch the match.  I bought a new TV the next day & haven't used SKY GO since - but it got me out of a jam :doh:

• Like 1

Thanks mate - the box still works to view programmes but wont record, fast forward etc.

I had about 80% of it full with things I wanted to watch (some of it a few years old). I'll lose all these when the new one arrives hence the rush to watch as much as we can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badger said:

Thanks mate - the box still works to view programmes but wont record, fast forward etc.

I had about 80% of it full with things I wanted to watch (some of it a few years old). I'll lose all these when the new one arrives hence the rush to watch as much as we can.

Ha Ha - I understand now...

• Haha 1

Small amount of progress on this today with the cleaning up of the seams started.

To has to be said- Academy plastic does sand nicely.

Nothing worth a photo yet

All the best 

Ben 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Right - with the sky box cleared finally ready for the replacement to arrive at the weekend I've been able to get back to this.

First job was filling an excessive amount of moulding pin marks. No idea why Academy though it would be ok to put these where they did but a bit of filler soon sorted them out.

2020-02-10_08-49-17

The quickboost replacement undercarriage legs were cleaned up and also needed some filler. The Academy ones are way too short so these were an essential replacement, as was the propeller as Academy's shape and size are way off. 

20200210_213825

Once the filler was dry and sanded down, the legs were attached and I was also able to get the tail planes and propeller on as well. 

When I originally bought the kit I'd also purchased a resin rudder, so this was cleaned up and attached at a slight angle to add a bit of interest.

20200210_213832

Finally for tonight the wheels were cleaned up and slight flat spots added. 

All in all a productive session and pretty pleased with what I managed to get done.

More soon

All the best 

Ben 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Ready to paint is always a nice milestone to reach :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

Cheers Peter

Sadly work has taken over and I'm not getting a lot of free time at the moment. Will get back to it when I can

All the best 

Ben 

18 minutes ago, badger said:

Cheers Peter

Sadly work has taken over and I'm not getting a lot of free time at the moment. Will get back to it when I can

All the best 

Ben 

I know this all too well as I have currently the same issues.

Cheers, Peter