Aurora 1/48 Dehavilland DH-4

Another step on my journey down the road of the old Aurora WW I kits. This is their DH-4. It comes with the four bladed prop instead of two and with the dual rear Lewis guns. That gun mount was disliked by the gunners as being bulky, hard to bring to bear and used up a LOT of ammunition. I added my usual basic interior, but the rest is OOTB. Just realized looking at these photos that one of my brass prop guards is on backwards. Oops. 

IMG_20200117_103158

IMG_20200117_103216

IMG_20200117_102236

IMG_20200117_102600

IMG_20200117_102641

• Like 28

mackem01

I believe this was one of their later kits. Detail-wise, it's pretty basic. There's really nothing in the cockpit other than a seat, floor, stick and basic instrument panel. Gunner's area had a floor, basic stool-like seat and floor, There's no detail on the inner walls at all. No engine and the external detail is pretty basic. In short, there's really no comparison. HOWEVER, they are immensely easier to get together and you see how nice they can look with a little effort. On my shelf from three feet away, it looks pretty good.  

Lovely build of this old Aurora kit. 

They were excellent study material to learn how to build your models. I have build a lot of those Aurora kits, only your DH-4  I never saw it in the shops. So at last I know what it lookes like !

Thanks for showing the old war-horse. 👍

Cheers,

JohnHaa