Bellanca CH-400 Skyrocket, scratch, 1/48

Dear Modellers,

Browsing at You Tube I found an interessting video of the restauration of a Bellanca Pacemaker.

That triggered again my love for airplanes of the thirties. You guessed it, I build one in 1/48 from scratch.

It happened to become a other version : the Skyrocket, because I could find some good drawings of it at Khee-Kha Art Products.

The fuselage and the tail are made of plastic- card, the wing is solid wood.

Enjoy the photographs !

With kind regards,

JohnHaa

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Enjoy the photographs !

With kind regards,

JohnHaa

Edited by JohnHaa
type error
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Wow, that's a beauty John!  What a cool scratch-build! 🍻  I find it simply amazing that such a beautiful model can be "created" from a pile of plastic card and wood.   Audacious and ambitious beyond my wildest dreams, your craftsmanship inspires me every time I see it here.  Thanks for that John! :worthy:

What a beautiful model of such a chunky, utilitarian looking prototype! The name Skyrocket must be the #1 hype of the 1930's…

It's both humbling and inspiring to see what can be done from simple materials with skills, dedication and a good set of plans.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Viking said:

That really is beautiful, I'm in awe of you scratchbuilding skills

5 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

It's both humbling and inspiring to see what can be done from simple materials with skills, dedication and a good set of plans.

I couldn't agree more! First class inspiration Sir!

Thanks all for your nice comments !  

I'm very pleased to see so many people love those old planes too. 😁

And they are great fun to build. And Bellanca made some other types, i.e. the Aircruiser, I already made the drawings in 1/48 some time ago, now to find some time to actually build it.   

Well I have to dig up some photographs of an other plane of the Golden Years, I will show them in near future.  

Kind regards,

JohnHaa

Great video and a great model. I really love those aeroplanes of the 30s. Particularly liked how much work was involved trimming the thing with the overhead lever. I love flying aeroplanes that make you work for a living. 

Come the lottery win I'll have a vintage bird! 

Doesn't DGA mean Damn Good Airplane? 

Edited by noelh