Kinetic 1/48 F-16AM with a Danish twist

Mozzy19

Here’s my contribution to this Group Build. Hopefully I’ll make a start on this in the next couple of weeks once I finish the Mosquito. I also have an Aires exhaust on the way because the kit one isn’t great plus I’ll probably add a Quickboost seat as well.

20200117_123044

20200117_123100

Sean :pilot:

• Like 15

Excellent choice and what better day to choose, as today marks the 40th anniversary of the Danish F-16 entering service 🇩🇰

Will be following this with great interest, as I have the Kinetic F-16E Block 60 (Desert Falcon - UAE Air Force) in the stash. 

May you enjoy putting her together! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammy da fish said:

Hello I have the same decals for this Danish aircraft. Just wondering how you are going to backdate the tailplanes to the old style? When you have a F16AM kit?

Simon

if you look at the very first picture, you see a quickboost bag with early type resin stabs if I am not confused ..

2 hours ago, sammy da fish said:

Hello I have the same decals for this Danish aircraft. Just wondering how you are going to backdate the tailplanes to the old style? When you have a F16AM kit?

Simon

@exdraken is correct. The early style tail planes are peaking out from behind the decals.

Sean

welcome along Sean with a really colourful choice.

It's a nice model, I have a later boxing of this one. 

F-16 Block numbers!!! I still have nightmares over those from when I did the F-16 STGB, they're very complex and convoluted.

I've used Syhart decals before, they're great.

Well good luck with the, I do look forward to seeing her completed in the gallery.

• Like 1

My, we do have a lovely collection of colourful subjects being built here. This is very quickly turning out to be a bumper GB and I think there's the potential for many more new entrants as the weeks progress. Great choice Sean and another thread that I'll be keeping a keen eye on. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the Mosquito is finished;

I suppose I better crack on with this now... :D

I made a quick start on the cockpit tonight, I’ll get some shades of grey in there tomorrow.

20200208_201838

Sean :pilot:

• Like 5

Cockpit complete. I’ve had to add some missing details to the seat in the form of guide rails. I’ll add the two small pieces to the headrest towards the end of the build.

20200213_220734

20200215_154153

Sean

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Mozzy19 said:

Tamiya, this ain't

Not famous for being...

But Tamiya is also not famous for caring for the modeller either.. no two-seater, no A/B, AM/BM... 

But with this second set of wings, aehmm clamps  you will manage ;)

• Like 1

great save! :) 

I do not remember myself why exactly , but I promised myself not to buy a Kinetic F-16...when i frist came out and the nose issue became apparent. Then they modified th nose to better reflect the real shape, but it seems not all was updated accordingly....

I hope I will keep my promise... I do want to so some European AM machines after all..... :(

• Like 1

It more irritating than anything else, but then again I have been spoilt recently because my last three builds have all been Tamiya Mosquitoes and they are superb. The best way to deal with the two side panels is to line up the top edges and fill the gap at the bottom. That seam is easier to fill as there is less detail surrounding it, plus if you make a mess it’s pretty well hidden on the underside :thumbsup:

Sean