1:76 tracks

Gael

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some advice, I model amour, some figures and some landscapes - it's a combination of nostalgia, stress relief, interest in the war and I get some enjoyment out of building the things.

I build almost exclusively Airfix (due to availability) and Matchbox - because that's what I did when I was a little box and I like them - I understand the quality is poor, I also love the boxes.

But here's the think - 90% of the time the tracks are useless - a hardened brittle twisted relic ruined by 30 years in a box, the decals are normally quite rotten also - I doubt if they were much good in the first place.

So I always have to source the tracks separately - for major models, Panther etc, that's no problem.

But I am building an m16 Halftrack at the moment and can't find tracks - can anyone think of a solution? 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst I don't know of a replacement track company I suggest using the old Airfix solid suspension/ tracks off their M3 for the M16.  Not I deal I know.   They are several after market decal companies for 1/76 models.  I have a selection of generic markings in my range, then there are Skytrex, Dan Taylor Modelworks and  Aleran to name a few.