Hasegawa 1/72 Mosquito Mk IV

Hello!

A friend of of mine had this kit for years, never tried to build it, but then he knew I was a modeler and, well, you know the rest. Not my favorite scale and, if I knew about this canopy assembly, with two halves to be glued and very hard to mask, it would be still un- assembled......but, anyway, here it is!!

Cheers!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by George72
  • Like 46
  • Thanks 2

Hello George,

I know about the difficulty of assembling the canopy all too well as I've done a few Hasegawa Mosquitos;

you have achieved a very good and clean result, from what I can see on the pictures.

I agree with Mike - well done!

8 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Excellent Mossie! I'd never have suspected that Braille wasn't 'your scale'.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you!! I'm a 1/48 man, way better for my tired eyes!!

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Definitely a good looking Mossie ! :yahoo:

Thank you!!

Beautiful Mosquito there, with some lovely weathering.

One question about the wheels, I don't know a lot about the Mosquito, but I was under the impression that the undercarriage legs were not handed, so versions with the single brakes fitted had them on the right side so the spoked side of the wheel was on the left on both gears, or did it vary with some versions?

34 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Beautiful Mosquito there, with some lovely weathering.

One question about the wheels, I don't know a lot about the Mosquito, but I was under the impression that the undercarriage legs were not handed, so versions with the single brakes fitted had them on the right side so the spoked side of the wheel was on the left on both gears, or did it vary with some versions?

Thanks! Must confess I didn't pay attention to this. And I don't have the instructions anymore, so I could have them inverted.