Rolls Royce 400 Jet Prop, Loftleidir Icelandic Airline

pabbi

welcome along Pabbi with something which is really different as well.

It's nice to see all these "non-fighters" in a GB and this being a rarely seen aircraft as well.

This looks like it'll be a interesting build and something different to follow.

Good luck with her, hopefully it will be a nice build and I look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks as if you've a bit of cleaning up to do on parts there. Not sure if the uneven surface on the fuselage parts will look like authentic skin distortion and wrinkling though :hmmm:

wow there is a wee bit of work to do, some of those bits look like they've been case in sand moulds! 

Hopefully the plastic is nice to work with. Nice to see work has started on her.

It's a great choice pabbi and hopefully those parts will clean up OK.  The quality reminds me of some of Mach 2's offerings - a French connection maybe?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

worst quality kit I ever tried to assemble :( bought a stand for it so I can do gear up to make the build easier. I will finish this kit one way or another :) but not expecting much

spacer.png

spacer.png

QpoSHdR.jpg

spacer.png

• Like 7

re=looking at the u/c in those earlier photos.....building it inflight is definitely the way to go!

Some light sanding and filler where needed should give you a reasonably good surface to work with.

Keep going. it still should a good looking model when done! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What an awful kit but don't give up now.

The text on the box is a little funny. "plastic kit for the enthusiastic modeller" that is true. You need to be enthusiastic to build something that look so bad. Thank's for building it. Now I know that i will skip the plan of a DC-7.

• Like 1

Thanks for the support guys ! 

Airfix stands are attached by cutting a hole, they are basic but ok

all the pieces now in place except the propeller which are ready to be glued on

sanding and priming next.....

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

eek!! that is a lot of filler required!

I'm still super keen to see how she comes out, see will be impressive and different when done and a fine addition to any collection.

• Like 1

Hi,

Impressive - the extra length compared with the Britannia is noticeable. The last Brits I ever saw were the British Eagle fleet sitting outside the hangar at Speke (Liverpool Airport as it was then) back when the company went bust and I though they were strangely elegant in their red, grey and black markings. I believe there were different fuselage lengths depending on which version, but none I think were quite as long as this.

Nice build.

Pete

• Like 1