Beasts, birds and the bees build

Valkyrie

How about this for a group build, the animal build...

Anything with an animal in it’s name can be built within this one...

Boats, cars, aircraft, spacecraft all carry names of animals, even some people....even animals themselves can be built.

Ford Puma car, RAF Hawk, Mosquito, USN Hornet, HMS Wasp, 

I would be building a Ukrainian SU-25 Frogfoot as another example.

Anyone interested in this?

1. Valkyrie (Host)

2. @Corsairfoxfouruncle (Co host)

3. @Robert Stuart

4. @Arniec

5. @KevinK

6. @srkirad

7. @dnl42

8. @zebra

9. @Erwin

10. @MarkSH

11. @Hockeyboy76

12. @Col.

13. @ArnoldAmbrose

14. @gary from darwin

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 4

Me! me!

No idea what I'll build - or, rather too many ideas what I'd build, just not what I'll settle for...

To add to your suggestions Valkyrie ... Firefly, Panther or Tiger for the armour guys, or somebody might go for an armoured car (Dingo, or Greyhound spring to mind).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, I am in. I have got loads of animals in my stash. I could start a kit zoo. 🤣

Maybee I should do a Messerschmitt Me-410 Hornisse (Hornet).

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 3

Oh ya! Possibilities include 1/48 Grumman cats and birds, Mosquito, Mustang, Midget Mustang, PZL.23 Karaś (carp), PZL.37 Łoś (moose), and 1/72 USS Alligator (US Civil War submarine).

• Like 2

Blackburn Kangaroo, Lincock, Shark, Skua; Armstrong Whitworth Ape; Gloster Goldfinch; Hawker Cygnet, Hart, Hind, Heron, Tomtit, etc; Sopwith Pup, Camel, Cuckoo; everything by Beagle ..... and the Sea Slug missile!

I'm interested.

Edited by KevinK
  • Like 2

Many helicopters' names also are of animal origin:

SA342 Gazelle, SA330 Puma/SA332 Super Puma, AS532 Cougar, AS350 Ecureuil (squirrel), AS550 Fennec, SA360 Dauphin, SA315 Lama, SA321 Super Frelon (hornet), Aerospatiale Alouette (lark), Ka-50 Black Shark, Ka-52 Alligator, Mi-1 Hare, Mi-24 Hind, AH-1 Cobra, Seahawk, Blackhawk...

Probably there are many more :)

• Like 2

A few from my stash - apart from the obvious ones there are:

An-22 Cock, Super Guppy, L-29 Delfin (Dolphin) and L-39 Albatros, Dassault Flamant (Flamingo), Otter and Twin Otter, Firefly, Storch (Stork), Gnat, MiG-25 Foxbat, Mi-4 Hound and Pe-2 Buck. Plenty to choose from!

• Like 3

After these recent suggestions I think I might have to move to include a chopper or two. Jayhawks and Dauphins are taking up a good part of my stash. Welcome to our newest recruits and keep the animal options open, I can already see a sequel lol..

10 hours ago, Col. said:

Great idea! 

Col, shall I include in the list? Be great to have you along!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, any idea when this might occur? My dance card (or whatever the modeler's equivalent term is) is a little bit full at present, but I'm interested. Regards, Jeff.

It would need to get 30+ names to be qualified for the great November Bunfight. If it survives and gets a ranking number of votes in November, it would be given a build date sometime in 2021. That build would be across a 4 month time span. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 2

Gidday, thanks, that far ahead I can probably squeeze it in. One other possible issue though, the ruling about must be less than 25% started. I have an Airfix 1/600 scale Leander class frigate I made over forty years ago. The hull is intact but that is about it. Shafts, screws and rudder gone, anti-sub mortars gone, the entire superstructure gone. The turret is still there but I would replace it as I've always thought it was wrong, too narrow. Besides, I'd need two. I've considered in the past of converting it to HMAS Swan (I live near Perth on the Swan River in West Oz) but HMS Leopard has always interested me also. Plan "B" is to simply raid a box of Falkland Island warships and use the Leander from that. Or HMS Antelope (Amazon kit) for that matter. But probably Leopard.

I guess this is a rather long-winded way of saying I'm interested, please count me in, with HMS Leopard or Antelope.     Thanks.     Regards, Jeff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...