Gloster gladiator in finnish service

Hewy

Must have missed these updates along the way, however glad to have picked them up now. That’s some stirling work going on there and all bodes well for a super up and coming build. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

The fuselage halves are together lower wing fitted and the struts are set, the rear bulkhead was the wrong height, that now needs to be refitted ,a tiny bit of flash  but the fit is very good indeed, airfix keep the outer struts  aligned with a crisscross molding thats removed when the upper wing is fitted ,it really helps keep it all aligned , the top wing fits on beatufully and holds in place with no glue or tape for a dry fit , all good , resin engine next

Cheers all,  

YPCxwtH.jpg

S3w4FAr.jpg

LTQs4YL.jpg

iw102Yc.jpg

hGlJ9kr.jpg

• Like 22

1 hour ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Swedish Volunteers, though.  No extras...just OOB.

In hindsight john i honestly don't  think any extras are needed,  the cockpit is too small to see much at all , and airfix do a really decent molding of the bristol mercury engine, its a lovley little kit,  it'll look smart in swedish livery too👍cheers

6 hours ago, zebra said:

like the way they've done the struts

Thanks z,   i was a bit surprised to find that with minimal effort the top wing clicked into place tightly and held first time when i did a dry fit,

I've got two lots of the  uschi rigging line 0.1 and 0.3 ,the 0.1 is like butterflies eyelashes ,its so thin i can hardly see it let alone manoeuvre it into position, that bit will be a right challenge 

1 minute ago, Courageous said:

but that looks awkward clean up when they're removed.

Stuart

It does indeed stuart,and adding into the mix the airfix brittle plastic it'll be a nervous  moment🤯

• Like 2

Most of the assembly is now complete ,the engine is just plugged in not glued yet,

Next,a bit of colour. 

Cheers all

Canopy masked and glued

nRdmrwg.jpg

Resin doors and rear wings on 

lvRrR6R.jpg

KQqs5M6.jpg

Cp7Ai5s.jpg

• Like 18
  • Sad 1

Very nice. The engine and other aftermarket parts add a lot to this one but skilled assembly is making the most of their potential :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Thanks col, plenty of time to blow it on the rigging, not looking forward to that bit

:facepalm:

Deep slow breaths, a steady hand, and no rush. You'll be fine ;) 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Col. said:

Very nice. The engine and other aftermarket parts add a lot to this one but skilled assembly is making the most of their potential :) 

Indeed - given the fact that the fit is usually less than good with the aftermarket parts - the kit really looks like well put together with good amounts of detail :)

• Thanks 1

WOW! Looks like you have been busy Glynn and what excellent progress as well. Great work on all the extra detailing! Looks like it's going to be another stunner.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the great comments, 

I've  painted the undersides ,and the resin engine,which went together and fits the model really very well, also I've  sttarted to rough the camo in I've  actually got the green on too but my pad died before i could get the photographic evidence, i did it freehand and i intend to crisp up the edges with silly putty, 

YYPiSlK.jpg

w7hJGVT.jpg

Tny3tbB.jpg

ZpaRLqI.jpg

• Like 19

That really is looking excellent Glynn, the engine looks superb and I have to keep reminding myself that you are building this beauty in 1/72 scale.

The paint work on the undersides is very nice indeed and gives a nice used and weathered look and I'm sure the upper surfaces will look just as good when completed.

Really interested to see how your trained spider copes with the rigging 😁.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

reminding myself that you are building this beauty in 1/72 scale.

Thanks craig pal , I do actually have the 1/32nd  icm mk1 gladiator, which is  small  for a 32nd scale kit,  but an absolute behmoth compared to this tiddler, I'm  enjoying this though 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Col. said:

Glad to hear you're enjoying it Glynn. Think we're all enjoying your progress updates as they really are inspiring.

Cheers col , I've just got the yellow to apply and i shall get the decals on ,still a little rough around the edges,but I'm hoping it'll blend in with a bit of a weathering

dNO6O3w.jpg

DFq87mk.jpg

• Like 17