Gloster gladiator in finnish service

Hewy

I hadn't signed up for this one,i thought i had, I was thinking of building my special hobby brewster 239 in  1/32, but I've  decided on something else,  that continues my diversion into 1/72 ,the superb little airfix gloster gladiator,in finnish livery  ,i have some extas, they are, aml decals sheet 7201 ,sbs photo etch exterior, eduard photo etch interior, sbs resin bristol mercury engine,aires resin doors, and  resin control surfaces, I'll  also attempt to rig it, I'm  undecided on the scheme at present

Cheers all

• Like 12

welcome along Hewy, and with a Gladiator too.

Not what would first come to mind for this GB but not a huge surprise to see one, but it's very nice to see one.

If my memories right these were fitted with skis?

Good luck with this one, sounds like it'll be a great build and you even have extra AM stuff for her!! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

build and you even have extra AM stuff for her!! 

I thought you'd be interested that there's a little resin involved,  the tiny sbs resin engine looks incredible, hopefully i can build it without ruining it of course, yes mine will be on skis 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John D.C. Masters said:

!  There might be a few of these

Wouldn't be a bad thing john 👍,I'm  away with mrs hewy for a clean weekend till sunday,i shall start upon my return

A few bits I've gathered,  I'm waiting for the resin rear wings and cockpit doors

I'm  doing the bottom scheme on the sheet 

YwNH7pF.jpg

The resin bristol mercury engine 

JXsNQXn.jpg

lRVENXQ.jpg

Eduard pe set, seat and the machine gun faces and cockpit floor look good 

D9QAyNy.jpg

And the sbs etch set, the side access panels i reckon look good 

zgjHg4s.jpg

mDes7hY.jpg

Skis that are included in the kit 

dtXESlc.jpg

• Like 15

Looking forward to this Glynn. Really exciting original build topic with some great goodies too it will be super to follow what you make of this.

That’s really small right? If I picture the width of an eduard pack and the fuselage being that big 🧐

Maybe you can put a coin or a paint pot or something in some upcoming build shots to really put it into perspective.

Edited by Dansk
  • Thanks 1

I've  made a start on the cockpit, the photo etch inspection panels were going to be left open ,so i had a bash at some internal structure, but i changed my mind and glued in the pe panels , just the ip to do and i can button her up

Zoomed in with a giant xacto blade

wxnl1Vc.jpg

I might have the bulkhead behind the seat a bit to low, its only white glued for now incase it has to be adjusted,its where eduard says to  fix it but it doesn't seem right,it may just be a scale thing 

ulZfH4i.jpg

2FcZHCs.jpg

8bINCiX.jpg

Hope this turns out under a coat of paint now

Cheers all

FmHmxGc.jpg

lexQrXg.jpg

• Like 16

Thanks gentlemen ive just finished the ip panel so i should be a.ble to zip it up tomorrow 

8EvzKdn.jpg

Thanks gentlemen ive just finished the ip panel so i should be a.ble to zip it up tomorrow 

8EvzKdn.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

, it's going to be a very complete cockpi

Cheers craig, its a shame there's only a small opening, but I'll  have both cockpit doors open, that should help a bit 

• Like 1