Danish Westland Lynx - HobbyBoss 1/72 --- FINISHED ---

desert falcon

5 hours ago, desert falcon said:

Alright, so if our great leaders are going to extend this GB with a week (and given that the dates have already changed on the Nordic GB title, I think they have) there is absolutely no excuse for not starting sanding down this helicopter tomorrow after work ... 

I’ll be back !! 

great to see! :thumbsup:

I think thou the prime reason why the end date was changed was that someone....who shall remain nameless :whistle:.....hoped that it might encourage me to start my Draken.....as if! :D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

great to see! :thumbsup:

I think thou the prime reason why the end date was changed was that someone....who shall remain nameless :whistle:.....hoped that it might encourage me to start my Draken.....as if! :D

“So the last will be first, and the first will be last”  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

And miss the possibility to tease you about it until the next edition? Nah :wicked:

• Haha 1

As we all know our hobby can be quite expensive at times, but until now I didn’t realise how dangerous it can be. 

In an effort to clean a brush, I knocked over a bottle of Mr Tool cleaner, emptying half the bottle onto the chair, floor, T-shirt and shorts 😱

So quickly I cleaned the floor and chair and went on to rescue the only pair of shorts I have. As I gave the shorts and T-shirt a good rinse before throwing them in the washing machine, the wash basin came loose a fell right into the cabinet. And in an effort to save the wash basin I cut my hand 🙄

So while the hand is fine now, some work remain in the bathroom ... 

cf42ea0580138a3a7f98e9364b780fee.jpg

(sorry photo is 90 dg off)

Anyway, the repair job will have to wait, some of us got a deadline to catch 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, desert falcon said:

Anyway, the repair job will have to wait, some of us got a deadline to catch 😁

Good to see that the disasters have not dampened your spirit DF. Keep going my friend, I hope that you make the deadline.

• Thanks 1

you know the washing instructions for your clothes did say "Gentle Hand Washing"!  :D  Gee if you were a masseuse you'd be lethal!! 

Glad you're ok too and have you priorities sorted, a true Britmodeller GB'er! :thumbsup:

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

you know the washing instructions for your clothes did say "Gentle Hand Washing"!  :D  Gee if you were a masseuse you'd be lethal!! 

Glad you're ok too and have you priorities sorted, a true Britmodeller GB'er! :thumbsup:

Yeah it’s a wonder I can handle plastic kits without crushing them with my super powers 😁

Should have left the washing part to my wife anyway ... 

• Haha 3

And the blue Danish is finished  :penguin:

51a5966fd222c887eba60e0b0ce05b61.jpg

It’s not in any way perfect but it was big fun building it and that’s what really counts. 

Well actually it’s not really finished as I still have to paint the black antiglare below the cockpit windows and finish it off with a gloss clear coat. And there are a couple of more decals to add as well (there a 75 in total !!) but I simply ran out of time and I so much wanted it to make it to the gallery. 

So happy that our great leader extended with a week :worthy:

Thanks again @trickyrich @Col. @Enzo Matrix and everybody who contributed to the fun !!

More pics in the gallery, 

Now the question is, what to build when Ragnar and the other Nordics (hopefully) strikes again in 2021 :wonder:

Cheers

Johnny b 

• Like 8

Well done Johnny, you made it!! :thumbsup:

After all the issues you had with the build and breaking your bathroom :D , you made it!

She looks great in that scheme and is our only chopper in the build! 

For all the dramas I do hope you enjoyed the build, was great to have you aloi=ng and look forward to seeing you in the Pt 2 event!

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 1:57 AM, nimrod54 said:

Cracking build DF, the gallery shots look great. Well done on getting her finished.

Thanks a lot @nimrod54, your kind words are much appreciated 🙏 

On 5/18/2020 at 4:04 AM, trickyrich said:

Well done Johnny, you made it!! :thumbsup:

After all the issues you had with the build and breaking your bathroom :D , you made it!

She looks great in that scheme and is our only chopper in the build! 

For all the dramas I do hope you enjoyed the build, was great to have you aloi=ng and look forward to seeing you in the Pt 2 event!

As a true red bearded Danish viking what better way of rejoining the hobby than a Nordic GB could there possible be 😁

Thanks a lot for your support and all the fun @trickyrich. If ok I hope to join the Nam GB later this year, got a feeling it will be big too! 

As for the bathroom, it has now been fixed (kind of) by a multi skilled craftsman (sort of) and I have received clear instructions from the boss not to touch any kind of laundry in the foreseeable future, even if I do spill half a bottle of cleaner (which obviously suits me well) 😁

On 5/18/2020 at 10:01 PM, Grandboof said:

Congratulations It looks awesome 

Martin H

Thanks a lot @Grandboof, it's a shame you couldn't finish the MD-80 in time for the deadline but better get the decals sorted first. She will be looking very smart once she's been treated with some new SAS logos on the tail 😉

12 hours ago, Dansk said:

Superb result - i’m convinced it’s 1/48, looks so good

Mange tak @Dansk, incredible what can be done in photoshop these days :whistle:

Edited by desert falcon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Captain Mark said:

Nice work Johnny, it's great to see a somewhat unusual kit like this. Makes me want to start another chopper build! 👍

Thanks a lot Mark !! You know there is chopper GB coming up end of June, might be a good opportunity to do another heli?

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

well the just proves I'm hopeless! :D

I don't care what the others are saying about you Rich, I think you're ok 😁